Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gap between audio tracks?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gap between audio tracks?

Hey everybody! I'm having a problem where I have a track that is composed of two files, one is the intro which is 3 seconds, the other is the main loop.
    The intro plays once, the main part loops forever. The main part loops flawlessly with itself, but when the game skips from the intro to the main part, there is a very brief "gap" in the sound that is not present if I line the files up in audacity for example. Any reasons for this? Solutions?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can ya post an example to take a look?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sound example.mfa

Attached an example file, using a track from Spelunky just to illustrate the problem.
    You'll notice that there is a "gap" in the track, whereas if i I play them next to eachother in Audacity, there is no gap.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this issue once and I circumvented it by starting the loop a few milliseconds before the intro finished

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you check for such things in CF2? I don't see where I can check the position of the intro? If I do a "check position of sample" thing, the value only returns 0

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's an audio buffer issue either, because I tried playing the mainloop once before the intro switches to the mainloop, and it made no difference.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did it like START OF FRAME > PLAY INTRO (3 SECONDS LONG)
    0'0'2'90 > PLAY LOOP

Adjust the milliseconds accordingly til it plays just right.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, alas my song does not begin at the beginning of a stage, but rather at a boss encounter. But I suppose i could start a time when the intro track plays and base the start of the mainloop on that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it often helps to try re-saving your audio files as either a different format or a different bit rate. Try converting your music to .ogg with the free software "audacity" and see if that fixes it. Doing that has solved this same problem for me in the past.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The files are in ogg-format, but the problem persists. It seems to be an issue with clickteam fusions sound engine when switching between two sounds. Playing them on different channels didn't work either.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast