User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can't export any EXEs?? (stdrtd.exe)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i check the applications, after Avast moved them to quarantine, it doesn't flag them, too. (Same if i check an old fusion-exe from my harddisk. If i move it, it gets flagged.)
    It's a thing Avast had everytime with Evo-gens.

Submitted three *.exe as false positive since last week.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the first Avast-update from today, everything is fine with Fusion and Fusion-made applications.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great, thank you for the update

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, Avast is flagging all Fusion 2.5 made applications with the standard Fusion 2.5 *.exe information.
    This time as "Win32:Malware-Gen" instead of "Win32:Evo-Gen".

In the case of Avast! and some other antivirus softwares, it's not very good that the *.exe-informations are just editable with the developer upgrade.
    It's causing one false positive after the other one. Every 2 - 3 months, we have the same problem again. And yes. Everytime, this happens, it's not flagging Fusion made applications with a changed *.exe information (It's the same with Avast! DeepScreen).

So i have to buy the developer upgrade to just release my games and applications without these problems.

- Alice

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Avast! is actually discriminating against people making games with CF2.5 more than actually thinking things made with it are viruses, if the information like the "CF2.5 application" (or whatever that description says) is really the thing causing it to flag them. I could be mistaken, but that's what it sounds like. Either that, or Avast! is poorly designed if the description alone can cause it to think that something is a virus.

Clickteam, your call on what to do about that. Whether that call is "send in as false positive", "threaten to sue them for doing this and suing them in the event they refuse", "make CF2.5 Standard able to edit application information", or some option I can't possibly conceive, you should probably do something about it, though maybe you already have a plan in mind...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If people can report the false positives to the anti virus company that would be step 1
    The more of the users who use their products who report it the faster they usually decide to fix it.

So people who use Avast please give us a hand and tell them to fix it ASAP.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this does not help, but I have been on these forums for a long time and Avast has been a problem for a very long time. Why do forum members continue to use it? It seems it would be faster just to change virus programs than dealing with them.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe because you can't say "Deinstall and use another antivirus program instead of avast, then try to download my application again. If you installed one of the few other popular antivirus programs that flaggs fusion applications, also, just try another one, again." to your potential players / users.

Switching to another AV program isn't the solution, as you can see.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This issue popped up for me today it sucks as I've just released Concrete Jungle and looks like users are getting their exe files deleted automatically by Avast. I've done all I can (send false positive reports), and the exe information is filled in- at least filled in with what Fusion allows me to fill in.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this occur even with "Compress the runtime" unchecked? I believe this is what triggers the alarms for many antiviruses as the runtime decompresses itself to a temporary location. stdrt.exe and/or stdrtd.exe handle this routine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast