User Tag List

Thread: Fusion 2.5 Slowness (seems permanent at the moment)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2XNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Fusion 2.5 Slowness (seems permanent at the moment)

So recently, at random, almost everything I've been running in Fusion has had its framerate bogged down to around 20-25. I have no idea what is doing this. I recently upgraded to Fusion and everything was running fine, until randomly (I can't in emphasize how random this was) everything started being choppy.

I decided to open up some old builds of previous games I've developed to see if it was just my recent build. Everything was choppy. Then I opened up some very old builds of Sonic Worlds. They were choppy.

Then I opened up MMF2 again, and reopened up all this stuff. It Ran smoothly.

Any ideas? It ran fine in Fusion until it randomly started bogging down after a test run. I can provide links to the MFA's if needed, but since it's happening with everything I have, I'm not sure how much help they'd be. I may boot up a VM later and see if it happens in there too.

(Also long time lurker, and I've been using Clickteam products for years now, so I'm desperate )

EDIT: Forgot specs of the PC too in case it matters

Windows 8.1
    AMD FX-8150
    16 gigs of memory
    Two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti's

EDIT 2: also, the builds run fine. Just the editor itself seems to have the problem.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you running in Standard or Direct3D mode?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter which mode. Both have same results.

Also changed the setting in preferences to turn off Set Display Mode property of new applications to Direct3D.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    EDIT 2: also, the builds run fine. Just the editor itself seems to have the problem.
    Just in case, have you tried to unselect the Show debugger option in the properties of the application?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can try this when I'm back home from work. I guess I should mention that it randomly started working fine again for about half an hour, then started doing its weird 19-21 framerate drop again. MMF2 works fine both building and running in the editor.

EDIT: Also while discussing this issue on another forum, someone mentioned that a new Windows 8 update rolled through around the same time this started. Probably not related, but I figured I would mention as many details as possible.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If it was Windows there would be probably the same problem in stand-alone apps. The fact it's in the editor could be due to the debugger. I just remember CF 2.5 stores the list of objects added to the debugger, I'm not sure it automatically clears the list, we have to add an option for that. Run regedit and remove the "objects" and "objectslength" values from the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clickteam\Fusion 2.5\Debugger

(replace Fusion 2.5 by Multimedia Fusion 2 if you don't use the build 283 of CF 2.5 as the key hadn't been modified...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clickteam\Fusion 2.5\ does not have Debugger
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clickteam\Multimedia Fusion 2\ does. I deleted both keys and to no prevail...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find AV scanners cause issues quite frequesntly. Have you tried exempting your MMF folders from the Antivirus scanner or temporarily disabling the Antivirus engine?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find AV scanners cause issues quite frequesntly. Have you tried exempting your MMF folders from the Antivirus scanner or temporarily disabling the Antivirus engine? Also updating your drivers and making sure the latest updates are loaded?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I can confirm it's the debugger. When I minimized it during testing speeds increased. Maximising it resulted in the slow down. I'll post again if I find otherwise. Odd that it would randomly be OK with the debugger maximized.