Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Issue with making wall climb work

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issue with making wall climb work

Hey guys, im having a problem making a wall climb for a specific character i have work right. Right now, if you have say a left and right wall and ceiling it works perfectly. But say you have a right wall, a ceiling and then another right wall at the left edge of the ceiling there's a 50/50 chance that the player either sticks to the next wall, or the player sensor gets "stuck" to the backdrop and slowly floats to the floor of the backdrop. See the illustration below and see if that helps explain it a bit better lol.

All of these are triggered with wall sensors that are attached to the surfaces of the backdrops that i want the player to attach to, switching alterable values when the player sensor is pressing a certain direction while overlapping the sensor. I also tried just having those sensors actually follow the player sensor but i've had better luck just putting them on the backdrops that i want to be able to attach to. Does anyone have any ideas to clean it up?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I avoid using sensors/detectors unless I absolutely have to. As long as your walls don't move, you should be able to get by with the following:

Always ---> Set Player X to X("Player") + 1
    Player overlaps a backdrop ---> Set Player Flag 0 on (flag 0 means we're touching a wall on the right)
    Always ---> Set Player X to X("Player") - 2
    Player overlaps a backdrop ---> Set Player Flag 1 on (we're touching a wall on the left)
    Always ---> Set Player X to X("Player") + 1

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks UltimateWalrus, i'll give it a shot! Yeah i try to avoid them as well, but this has been the only way i've been able to figure out how to make it work, at least a little bit lol. Thanks again, i'll post back in a minute with the results!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless im misunderstanding how you are explaining, when i set those events up the player is always moving to the right, then climbs up the wall slowly by itself. Is there any way you could post a quick example file?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, here's an example
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply and example dude! I'll check it out now

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man, this is what i have on my own so far, check it out and it may better explain what it is that's going on lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzaalvugb8...ample.mfa?dl=0

Arrow keys to move, "z" key to jump

To cling to the walls, just push the direction that corresponds to the wall i.e left wall = left arrow, right wall = right arrow, ceiling = up arrow.

To climb up and down while on the walls, just press the up and down arrows and use the left and right arrows to move left to right when on the ceiling.

You can also jump from the walls while you are hanging on them, i just can't make it round corners lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly is the problem? This movement seems to work OK for me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like in the picture in the first post, the inner walls work just fine. The big square backdrop i have in the center was to show the issue. When you cling to the ceiling at the bottom and go left or right you eventually just fall off when you reach the end. I'd like to be able to set it up so that you will round the corner and be on the next vertical wall instead of just falling off. Does that make any sense? Lol sorry for it being confusing, it sounds confusing to me just explaining it lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh I see. I would add events (or detectors, if you like) to detect that special case where the player detaches from the ceiling, but there is a corner they can round. Then I would trigger an animation where they move further upwards to get into a better position for clinging, then switch back to the normal movement with them clinging to the wall.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast