User Tag List

Thread: help... Stick to a rotating object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question help... Stick to a rotating object

I've got two actives. One is in a fixed position and it is rotating (angle = angle + 2)

The second object is moving with the bouncing ball movement. When it collides with the fixed object I want it to "stick" to the rotating object and move with it.

I've managed to get close by setting the action point of the fixed object to the outer edge. I can easily stick to that point, but if the action point isn't where the moving ball collides, it snaps to the action point (i don't want that). Needs to cleanly begin moving with the first object.

Can anyone help? imagine that green ball just got stuck on the larger object and it is rotating. hope i've been clear enough...
    example.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked it out...

The ball travels in a straight line from its origin point. The moment of collision I simply rotate the stationary object to point at the origin. Works great in most cases. if the ball makes a glancing blow, that's different, but its still better than before.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if this is useful but I got it working in a couple of ways. One using trigonometry and one using basically your idea of setting the action point to the edge of the rotating object and sticking the ball to the rotating thing's action point except I cloned the rotating thing (the clone is made invisible) and always set the clone to point towards the ball until impact. Once the ball had impacted the cloned rotating thing it started rotating at the same rate as the original one. This second way works really well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's inventive, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the two methods I used. The trigonometry example is a bit rough around the edges but I hope it's helpful.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tuna do you mind posting a small mfa so we can compare? Coffecup's solution is spot on yet I would like to see how you went about it.