User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lacewing, Bluewing, and servers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already made one, SirEatALot, if you download the zip file:
    http://dark-wire.com/temp/Bluewing%20Client.zip

There's not a lot of A/C/E difference between Bluewing and Lacewing, though. About 2 conditions, 1 expression, and a couple of properties.
    This is mostly because the MFXs are designed to be interchangeable without having to rewrite any MFAs, so any A/C/E additions will not be convertible - the rest of the reason being that I can't think of what to add anyway.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacewing does not work in flash when exported from fusion 2.5, white frame, won't load. if there is an updated flash version or a way to fix it, please tell me!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the help file but it's completely empty for me, all the sections are there but no content.. maybe it's on my end though..

Another question, will this object get continued support? started a game using lacewing a while back but kinda gave up on it since the object development seemed dead..

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, did some basic testing (using your server) and ran into some problems.

1. The channel peer listing does not seem to work. When listing peers on a channel, only the first peer connected will show the other connected peers. The second peer connected will show one less while the last connected peer will not show any connected peers in the channel.

2. Sending text does not seem to work correctly.. it takes a lot of time and this error message pops up (in picture)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	errormessage.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	15287

bluewing testing.mfa

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although the official Lacewing extensions have not been updated recently, for the most part they still work completely fine.

Have you tried unblocking the help file in the file properties? Windows by default blocks the help file content from loading.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright SirEatALot. Make sure the file properties are set to Unblocked.
    (just right-click the chm file after extraction, go properties, and look if the bottom of the window says "This file has come from an unknown source and is blocked", or blank).
    If the latest version is screwy, try this one:
    http://dark-wire.com/temp/Bluewing%2...0%5bold%5d.zip

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LB you're right, the regular lacewing extensions appear to work quite well, I havent run into any game-breaking issues except for UDP packets which seem to be almost useless for me (they get lost about 99% of the time even on a LAN which seems a little high?). It's just that I've learned the hard way many many times not to rely on third party extensions too much, specially not for commercial games since they are not often updated enough, for example as new versions of Fusion gets released.

What I'd REALLY like to see are the lacewing objects (or similar) integrated into Fusion as basic online functionalty so they're always available and are ensured continued support and development on all plattforms. Online functionality is a must for any modern game development suite in my opinion

Phi: it works now after doing what you said - nice! Too bad if this must be done for everyone though

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacewing is officially supported by clickteam, as far as I know.

As for UDP loss, I can't replicate that - are you hosting the server yourself? You may need to configure your firewall/router/network somehow. UDP is working fine for my server.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, will look into UPD some more..

Supported by clickteam, thats great, didnt know that, but there hasnt really been a new release for a while and bluewing is using a newer version of liblacewing.. would be nice if clickteam put out an update (or even better, built it into fusion!).

As for bluewing, right now for me at least, it seems a bit too buggy for use.. Phi: any update on that error message? was I doing something wrong?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey SirEatALot,
    No, I had somehow uploaded a testing version, halfway through working out some problems with globalisation (triggering "message received" etc conditions on all the frames, not just one) - hence, lots of message boxes. The old version link above should work fine.
    Maybe this weekend I'll ensure the latest version is up. At any rate the older version should work fine for apps that don't use Bluewing in a sub-application.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast