User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lacewing, Bluewing, and servers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe it's supported by clickteam. If it is, it's definitely not a priority, since it doesn't work with flash, iOS, html5.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the reason it doesn't work with HTML5 and will never work with HTML5 (even once James is no longer busy working on Fusion 3 and is able to work on Lacewing again, if he chooses to work on it more) is because HTML5 limitations pretty much make it impossible. It technically has a Flash port, but it doesn't work anymore, and whatever caused it to stop working was fairly recent, since it worked in Flash until some version of CF2.5 (which was made well after Lacewing stopped getting updated because of James being busy with other things). That means that Flash support would probably come pretty quickly if and when James is ready to work on Lacewing again.

As for iOS, I have no idea why it didn't get ported before the updates stopped coming, but, for whatever reason, it didn't get ported. An iOS port would probably take a little while (or a long while) longer, but would probably be possible.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly, just getting a new updated version for windows would be a big win in my book.. online games in Fusion has really great potential, but very few has been made much due to the bad object support

Phi: Ok,, will try the older version in the link you posted!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, the other version you posted works better, no strange popups!

But I'm still getting errors in the list Peers functions.. when connecting 4 clients on a local computer (to an online server), the last 2 clients does not list all peers in the channel, they both only list 1. The first 2 connected list all of them (except themselves of course). There still seems to be something wrong here..

bluewing testing.mfa

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirEatAlot View Post
    honestly, just getting a new updated version for windows would be a big win in my book.. online games in Fusion has really great potential, but very few has been made much due to the bad object support
    Both the official Lacewing extension and Phi's Bluewing should work just fine for making online games, even with custom servers. What bad support are you talking about?
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SirEatALot, you are running the "loop peers" on peer connection and channel join, right?
    Besides, that's bad practice. Since there's a On Peer Connect anyway, you needn't use a loop except on channel join. Try coding it that way.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Phi: It shouldn't matter how he does it, it should work either way.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @LB: Aye, but efficiency!

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im only doing it on channel join right now, just did a quick app for testing stuff.. But it's an important function for a game since you'll want the names of all peers when you first enter.. Still not working correctly for me at least

LB: Well, I mean what happygreenfrog was talking about, bad or no support on non windows plattforms.. and the objects not using the latest version of liblacewing.. If I'm going to commit a lot of time, cost and development effort towards an online game, I want to know that the objects I'm using are up to date and will be continually updated and improved.. it's just the way I feel about it. Yes I agree, they are usable right now, but I've had bad experiences in the past with objects not getting continued support as Fusion is updated so I hope you'll understand me being a bit cautious about this.

And again, I firmly believe this should be an integral part of Fusion to begin with instead of a third party object. I understand that Clickteams development time is limited though so maybe this will remain a wish, but still..

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirEatAlot View Post
    and the objects not using the latest version of liblacewing..
    The last version of liblacewing with the relay classes was 0.2.6 - after that version the relay classes no longer exist because they are being moved out into a separate library, therefore it's not possible for the extensions to use a newer liblacewing until that new library makes the relay classes available again. It's not really an issue anyway since the extensions are stable and work fine - new isn't necessarily better.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast