User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Lacewing, Bluewing, and servers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacewing and thus Bluewing don't support HTML5.The server would need recoding to support WebSockets and then a new client written.
    I've partially done both of those but it'll take a developer weeks to achieve it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New version of this multiplayer object is out.
    • Fixed a bug where subapplications wouldn't initialise properly (SDK updated)
    • Reverted to a cleaner version of the liblacewing library
    • UDP fix for IPv4 connections (liblacewing bug, preventing connection or dropping all UDP packets)
    • Fixed non-cloned address being freed multiple times (liblacewing bug, causing crashes)

As always, server list and history is HERE.
    Direct download for Bluewing is HERE, but also listed on the previous link. Server codes are likewise available on that page.

Enjoy.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Phi
    I can't connect to the server for SWF. "Darkwire Server I (Windows - SWF support) [server1.dark-wire.com:6121]"
    I get error:
    at flash.utils::ByteArray/readMultiByte()
    at lacewing::Client/getRemainingString()
    at lacewing::Client/handleMessage()
    at lacewing::Client/process()
    at lacewing::Client/onSocketReceive()

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mdvgames, try connecting without the port number, and if that doesn't work contact me on ClickConverse and we'll sort it out. The server's definitely up.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello, thank you for your extensions and your work
    Question: can use your personal example at ovh server and VPS provider else this is right? Thank you for your reply

if you have paid or free server links comptible vien I want to make my hand, or trying

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nuagedan100, I have no idea what you're saying...

The servers listed on my Relay page are free to use, but if you are making a paid product it is a better idea to rely on your own resources and servers, not use a third-party. Otherwise I could take down your entire product by sheer accident and you wouldn't be able to fix it easily.

There is a pylacewing link on the bottom of that page, which is a free server you can use to host Lacewing - compatible with Windows, *nix, Macs, etc.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Phi, thank you for your amazing work!

What is the free servers capacity, in terms of number of players?
    Do you know of any cheap server service that would have less limitations?

I don't know much about this stuff, it's my third Fusion game but the first one in which i want to experiment with online multiplayer.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogen
    What is the free servers capacity, in terms of number of players?
    Hey dogen. The free servers are (by code) limited to 65,535 players. However, bandwidth will probably run out long before then.
    If you're playing a FPS, you have to send data constantly, using up a lot of bandwidth. If it's a turn-based game, e.g. a card game, you won't need to send much data at all. So the max number of players in practice will vary depending on how much data you need to send.
    The Darkwire servers are limited to 4mb/s download, 700kb/s upload. (that's megabytes and kilobytes, not bits)
    But anything my household is doing will tap into that, and of course the other users of Lacewing will too.

Quote Originally Posted by dogen
    Do you know of any cheap server service that would have less limitations?
    If you get a Windows server, you can run a Lacewing Relay server from a C++ app (fast) or from your own Fusion app using the server extension (slow).
    There's also pylacewing, made by Mathias, which is a Lacewing server that runs on Python code. It works on Linux-based machines, Macs, or Windows again. It's fast too.

Either way, the bandwidth you get on your server depends on your hosting plan; and if it's cheap or free plan, you probably won't get much.

Details on pylacewing, servers and the like are in my server list page.
    Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bluewing Server is now updated to build 9. Source code is live too on GitHub, as well as a full C++ server (i.e. not a Fusion app but still allows Fusion clients).

Bluewing Client is updated to build 76. Source code available on GitHub too. Major fixes, including Peer Disconnect not firing, and a UDP problem that made reconnecting impossible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bluewing Server updated to build 10. Fixed an unlikely crash caused by a faulty or malicious client design.
    Source code is live too on GitHub, updated along with the full C++ server.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast