User Tag List

Thread: trying to set up a respawn time.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trying to set up a respawn time.

Hey guys! I have a little problem with my little ship game. When enemies fire at the player and destroy it. I've managed to have the player lose a life and have a new craft be created on the screen for the player to use. Unfortunately it respawns immediately and the player isn't really given a chance to have his reflexes reset. And because there are still potential enemies and objects moving on the screen, there is a high chance that the player will be killed again in seconds. I tried to set up an alterable value where like when the player collides with an object and is destroyed that it sets that value to 3. And then every second afterwards it subtracts 1 from that value. And then when the value hits 0 a new ship is created. I thought this would at least give the player three seconds to come around and catch his bearings. But for whatever reason I guess my idea didn't work. lol this might not be the best way to achieve what it is I'm trying to do. I really don't know. But here's an image of what my code looks like.

http://imgur.com/6O34v1j

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed I didn't have a condition for when the meteor collides with the ship to create a new ship object. I'm just isolating this around the collision between the ship and alien plasma. Once I can get that to work where the ship gets destroyed and there's a short 2 or 3 second window before the ship respawns, then i'll just apply that to the meteor collision event. I really can't figure this out though, lol. I'd of thought that alterable variable idea would of worked.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This tutorial has many useful tips in it, including re-spawn delay using a simple counter. Hope it will answer your need:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNgi27v67XQ

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click N Crate that tutorial was amazingly useful and answers a bunch of questions and then some. Plus that simple piggy game was pretty humorous no? As well as that user's accent. andwayz thanks. And Snail, thanks for the useful reply. I always kind of am stuck in a traditional way of thinking about numbers. A friend of mine always has to remind me about zero indexing. My brain just won't wrap around it. lol. I dunno. Also I wanted to say thanks for your amazing tutorials. I would watch them long before I had this particular problem. And remember that friend of mine I mentioned that always has to remind me that computers love the number 0? I was asking him for help with a little problem I had with a MMF game and he mentioned the use of a flag, and I instantly remembered your video about flags. And I was like "NOOOOOOOOOO, don't use flags!". and he kind of brushed me off and kept telling me what he thought I should do with the use of that flag. So I sat him down after we finished working on my game and made him watch your vid on flags. rofl. and by the end of it. I asked him "So what do you think about that?". And he was like "yeah........ I guess you really don't need flags...". Just a little side story. Anywayz, thanks for all the feedback and help guys. I've only really been working with Fusion for a few months now, but my games are constantly improving, as are my skills at creating them.