User Tag List

Thread: Xlua+OpenGL - Problem with resizing window - Help?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xlua+OpenGL - Problem with resizing window - Help?

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use XLua and OpenGL in a Fusion2.5 project. Everything seems to work pretty nicely and it makes OpenGL possible in Fusion quite easily.

My problem however is when I need to resize the OpenGL window. It seems that the render is not resized but the window is... I don't understand why and I don't know how I can fix that.

Anyone can help?
    Is Looki or Min still around?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please find my example (advanced integration of OpenGL with LUA). It draw several cubes and make a light to turn around the 2 in the middle.
    xlua_opengl_resize_problem.zip

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly, since the OpenGL collection was discontinued, Min hasn't really been seen around here. As for Looki, he only made the older OpenGL object, and doesn't seem to have any interest in working on it ever again ever.

As for the issue at hand, well, since I'm the only one who still seems to even have hope that any version of MMF2/CF2.5/CF3/Future products will ever have full 3D support (3rd-party extension or otherwise), I guess I might as well try and help you out...

(About 30 minutes of trying and failing to add the ability to resize the render area in his own OpenGL engine later...)

Yeah, sorry that I can't help. I may be one of the few people who still believes that a CF2.5/CF3/Whatever the future versions may be called can and hopefully will have 3D support (as far as I know there aren't that many people who think 3D in Fusion is likely, anyways), but, sadly, I personally stink at OpenGL as of now, though I do know of a course on it that I can take that may be able to teach me enough to, well, who knows? Maybe I'll finish my engine, or maybe I'll be able to make my own OpenGL extension...

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks happygreenfog.

I finally found the answer!
    And I done everything right because the only error is a MAJUSCULE instead of a MINUSCULE. So in the LUA script, just change "gl.ViewPort(0,0, width, height)" by "gl.Viewport(0,0, width, height)"...

And everything works as intended.

Fusion is not meant to make 3D but it's pretty possible to do it in. It's not as easy as Fusion is in 2D but it's still possible and the result can be quite cool. I used a lot the OpenGL object. I think the next step is to use XLua with the OpenGL base object because all the OpenGL API is available through it.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such an easy mistake to make. It works perfect now.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Marv. Hope you like my little example (now it's debugged).