Thread: Adding intro to background music

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2HTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding intro to background music

Hii again!

Is it possible to add a little intro to the background music before it starts and loops forever??
    The obvious thing would be to play intro in start of frame and add a new event that starts the actual background music and loops it forever once the intro is not playing, but there will always be a silent gap in this method. Are there any clever ways of doing this??

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easiest way i've found to do this is to have the intro as part of the actual track itself, then check in milliseconds when the intro stops and set an event (i use Onu) that says the track is at 8403 milliseconds - play track, set position to 8404 milliseconds. Try playing around with that, if you still have problems post back and i'll make you an example file

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the exact same problem, I solved it at the end of this thread. http://community.clickteam.com/threads/89664-Gap-between-audio-tracks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm.. I think I know what you mean, but to me it sounds like just an alternative way of doing what I suggested, or am I missing out on something?? It will still have to check when the song is done, and then have a small break until the event that says "move to 8403"?

But you gave me another idea!
    If I add the intro + a little bit of the song after the loop should occur into the sound sample, and manually find the millisecond values that says how long the loop part is and where it stops, I can probably use this in something like:

Song position > Value_Restart (here the loop should start)
    Song position = Current Position - SongLength

If the song length is exactly right on the millisecond, it shouldnt matter on what millisecond value the event triggers, since it will always move 1 loop back in time and hit a smooth transition! Im gonna give it a shot once Im done with work :d

--

Ow, and Ill check your reply too when Im home, Storsorgen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allright, Im back from work and I have been messing around a bit on my own.
    Storsorgen, I read through your thread and Im glad it worked out for you! Im also super grateful for your help However, Im not sure if I trust this method. I have this feeling that the "event reader" may be somewhere else when the position equals the one you check it for, and by the time the event comes that checks if position equals X, the desired position is already passed. But I dont know, maybe there are some built in stuff that will prevent this from happening...

Anyway, the idea I got from Warmachine seems to do the trick too! I have just tested in an empty example file and not in my "main game" yet, but the theory should add up. Again, what I do have the intro + the looping part + some extra looping space in the same sound file. Then I make an event to check when somewhere in the "extra looping space" is playing and set the position 'exactly' 1 sequence back.

Soo for now, this solves my looping issue
    Im gonna have like a "Super Form" in my game that changes the music into a faster and more electronic version of the usually calm background music. Gonna try make it so that it also switches straight over to the position in each version (because it is basically the same song) instead of restarting it every time the form changes. Yay, more math!! :3

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear you got it worked out Kentronisk! Check this out as well, it's a SUPER simple way to loop a track after the intro without changing the song using Onu:

Plus not to mention i could never find any good tutorials explaining how to do this, or at least that made any sense to me lol. This could also be changed to loop at the points you want the speed up to happen as well i would think, using a similar method. The reason why the start of frame event in the first line is there is so that the song doesn't keep looping as a whole AFTER the first frame, otherwise like i said it just loops like normal, including your intros. Even if you set an event for like a death song or something that stops your track, as long as you keep adding the second event to each frame, it'll start back up all on its own, but after the loop point. If you want the loop to start after a player dies just set up an event linking that up to the "start of frame" event like in the pic above and you should be good to go! Hope it helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a bunch for this quick guide I was giving this method a shot too, for the sake of getting more possibilities - but I have some trouble with this Onu object It seems its outdated, and it gives me an error when I try to run it. I also found a thread just a few weeks ago about an update request. Ow well, Ill check back if I decide my current method is no good.

Thanks a bunch for your replies, guys!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem good luck!