User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Small Guide: Don't stop sound from other sources and mute own game sound

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Small Guide: Don't stop sound from other sources and mute own game sound

Hey there,

I have no idea in how to code in xCode and I wanted my game to stop its own music and sound, when it's started while music/sound from an other app is playing (like podcasts or... music :P). Since the solution from DavidN (http://community.clickteam.com/threads/69128-iPod-music-during-game-Solved!-%28I-think%29) is quite old and Fusion made games will just stop other music by default - I thought I share this with you.

So this is what I came up with while searching the web:

Change "AVAudioSessionsCategorySoloAmbient" to "AVAudioSessionsCategoryAmbient" in CALPlayer.m and CSoundPlayer.m (both are in Classes/Application/Sound). This will prevent your game from stopping the other music source.
    Now put this code into the "-(id)initWithApp: (CRunApp*)app {...}" section right before "return self;"

Code:
    UInt32 otherAudioIsPlaying;
    UInt32 sizeOtherAudio = sizeof(otherAudioIsPlaying);
    AudioSessionGetProperty(kAudioSessionProperty_OtherAudioIsPlaying, &sizeOtherAudio, &otherAudioIsPlaying);

if(otherAudioIsPlaying){
        mainVolume=0;
    }
    This will set the Main Volume to 0 when other music is playing. If you're working with INI-Settings to enable/disable music or sound in your game, just check if your Main Volume got set to 0 and change your INI value (didn't test this though).
    Make a backup please, if you're going to test this. It works fine for me, but I have no idea if it will break anything in your game

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amazing guide, thank you very much!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, thank you.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent, thanks for updating that - and for the way to detect it from within the application, as well!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this solution still possible with the latest version of F2.5/xcode 6?
    I searched for "AVAudioSessionsCategorySoloAmbient" in my xcode project, it didn't find anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god! My fault. It should've been "AVAudioSession..." not "Sessions". Arghs!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!

I wonder instead of using

if(otherAudioIsPlaying){
    mainVolume=0;
    }

Could you put some change to a global value? I am not sure how it works in xcode, but I dont use mainVolume when handling volume in my apps. It would be easier if i could just check against a regular value.

Btw, is there some similar method for Android?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did this once but now I cant remember where I found this:

Now put this code into the "-(id)initWithApp: (CRunApp*)app {...}" section right before "return self;"

Where is this exactly, in what section?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I found it.

But another thing, I treid to compare two general values and see if the main volume is equal or lower then 0 at the start of the app and if so increase a value by 1 but it never increases. The main volume is still 100 but the implementation still made it so I can play other music in the background. It just plays everhthing at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't test the "MainVolume = 0" xcode stuff, so I didn't know if it'd work. It was just a theory.

We just added two checkboxes in our options menu to mute sound and music. If anyone wants to listen to a podcast or music from his phone, he just has to uncheck the music option.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast