User Tag List

Thread: Multiple pushable objects with own collision detection objects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple pushable objects with own collision detection objects

Hi all,

I have had an issue for quite some time with a top down RPG game and multiple pushable objects. If I make one object (A rock) pushable with its own collision detectors there are no issues. You can push it in all directions unless it collides with an object. Now when making more than one pushable object each with their own collision detector objects they work partially. Say if a "rock" is pushed up so the top collision detector is touching an object, the other "rock" cannot be pushed up and vice versa depending on which detector direction object is collided with.

I assume there is a better way around this with Loops but I can't seem to work out how to do this with multiple objects + collision detector objects of the same name. I hope this wasn't too confusing but I hope someone is able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried:

Always
    Spread Value

with the rocks to give each one a separate ID?

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried start of frame spreading alterable value A (Or one labelled ID) at 0, then...
    always > Start loop > "MoveID" for "NumberOfObjects" Of Moveable object...
    On loop "MoveID" Insert conditions and follow with the actions.

Spreading Alt Value / spreading ID usually works for identifying different objects. Hope this helps

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks for the responses.

I have already tried giving each "rock" object a unique value number from the start of the frame too. I guess the problem lies now with the collision detectors of each objects which is lately the most confusing lol.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will definitely have to use loops, either 'for each' loops or 'fast loops' - otherwise, as you have found, any detector will stop all rocks.

Using a for each loop checking each rock, checking only the detectors with an alterable value set to the ID of that rock will allow them to function separately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. So far I have tried and partially manged to pull it off. Per PushObject placed in the level at the start of the level triggers a loop to create all the other required items such as the collision detecters etc and to provide a UniqueID to each push object. I have tried so many other ways to give the same Unique ID to all other objects. I have attached an example if there is any better suggestions? As expected I can only run one loop at a time but even if I manage to run a seperate one the objects all have different unique IDs.
    Attached files Attached files