User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Non-Steam discounts available... ever? Also, any Steam disadvantages?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Mac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Non-Steam discounts available... ever? Also, any Steam disadvantages?

Hello,

Last June I remember seeing that Fusion 2.5 was on sale on Steam, along with some of the exporters. However it seems that the Steam software is not compatible with anything you purchased outside of Steam.

I've been waiting patiently for some type of comparable sale for some of the exporters or even the developer version for non-Steam owners.... Did I miss a sale or did nothing ever happen?

I'm close to just giving up and re-buying it on Steam! If so - are there any differences or disadvantages of owning the Steam version? Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you miss the Clickteam Sale, 33% off export modules through December 12th for the standalone version.

I am also quite sad knowing that there is more discount happening for the steam version compare to the standalone version.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi macclassic,

yes, you missed the Clickteam Shop SALE.

On Steam there is a SALE every 3 month, on CT Shop maybe one time in a year (just exporters).

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Mac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I suppose I did miss the sale! Does the Steam version have any restrictions or does it differe from the standard version? It's tempting to re-buy it and save (if you plan to use there developer version or maybe an exporter).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you can ask Clickteam for a Steam key so you can upgrade on Steam.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weird, I got an email announcing the Steam discount, but never saw anything for the regular product discount that you mentioned here, Gustav. With the holidays in full swing, I haven't been around the forums, but would have been good for another exporter or two on sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right... In the other thread I mentioned that it would be a good idea to send a newsletter because newsletters are very rare.

But Clickteam didn't sent one...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Clickteam has a new newsletter called Fused, which has been released twice now (in October and November). There have been posts about this on the front page of the forum, facebook, twitter and also via email to everyone on our mailing list.

In addition, there were notifications all over the place about the sales (non-Steam and Steam ones alike), including in the welcome page which loads in Fusion 2.5 when you start it!

Make sure you're subscribed here: http://emails.clickteam.com

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advantages:
    - Auto updates, no need to download installer
    - Can be moved across computers as long you are logged in to your Steam account
    - No need for license key -- just download and go.

Disadvantages:
    - You cannot run multiple instances of Fusion -- that means, if you have Fusion already open, and you open a file from Explorer, Steam will shown an error that the program already running. This can be fixed if only doubleclicking file from Explorer does not open another instance of Fusion...
    - If CT posted a hotfixes/quick patch for the editor in the forum, you can't use it in your Steam version. You have to wait until next beta or stable release..

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    For the record, non-Steam Fusion has full auto-update built in and always has.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast