User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Publish on STEAM : What changes you need to do to your game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Publish on STEAM : What changes you need to do to your game.

Hello guys,
    if there is already a thread opened I'm sorry but I didn't found it.
    I would like to know if exist a GUIDE about what to do once you pass the Steam Greenlight.
    I mean, what kind of modifications you need to do to your game, in order to let it working on Steam?
    How to include the Achievements? etc.

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is Steamworks Extension. I think you can cook your Achievements with that. Other than that the process is pretty easy and straight forward. Once you get lit and sign the documents you get access to documentation that explains everything. At first it can feel a bit overwhelming, but it's pretty easy, just take time to read everything with care!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

One of those tutorials good friend Sparckman would come from wonder to this topic, including the use of the Steam object in our app to publish with Clickteam as publisher or separately.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up for this thread!

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked the same thing recently, didn't get much of a reply and so started putting one together myself I'm at the stage where I can install my game in Steam now, though haven't done anything with Achievements yet. Some of their terminology can be confusing (especially when you don't know how much of it applies to MMF and how much is handled for you, but here are the very rough notes I have so far:

"App Data Admin" is your home for all the application information. Fill out your name, details, pictures, etc. here.

Go to "Managing Depots" - create a depot for the game content. Use no language, all OSes, all architectures, unless you have 32/64-bit and OS-specific versions of your game.

Create a (dedicated?) build account on Steam and make sure it has access to change your application information on the Users and Permissions screen. (I don't think this is actually necessary if you're a sole developer - you can just use your own account.)

*** If you don't have any applications/packages visible under Users and Permissions/Overview, this is a mistake (it happened to me) - contact Steam support on the thread http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ste...5525484975778/ and they'll activate your application.

Go to the "Publish" tab and publish your app changes - this doesn't actually release anything, it's just their term for finalizing the changes you've made to the application data.

Download the Steam SDK ZIP from the right sidebar, and use ContentBuilder to put together a game package - there's a tutorial under "Steampipe Tutorial" in the documentation, but the gist of it is you put together a file that points at the folder you want to package, and run a command line tool to create a single file from it that's then uploaded to Steam.

Once that's successful, in App Data Admin > Builds, set the build you just uploaded to live for branch "default".

PUBLISH!

Wait a few minutes for the build to take.

Then look at your Steam account and try installing the game.

---

You don't need any Steam-specific objects in your game to do this at all - it should just work straight out.

Good luck I'll post more as I discover it!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is rather easy really, there are good documentation that explains pretty much everything. You can have just your game and submit it, no changes are needed. However some sort of step by step tutorial for achievements would be great, and maybe for trading cards. It's surprisingly important to have achievements and cards, so take a note!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A tutorial for achievements and for trading cards, I totally Agree!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree too

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch MakerUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info DavidN, I also agree about the tutorial on achievements and cards... do the extensions handles trading cards as well?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think trading cards are handeled completely by Steam.

As far as I know they are just activated after play time.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast