Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer Question For Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiplayer Question For Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5

Hi, I am thinking of creating a multiplayer game with the swf exporter, ios exporter and android exporter and have been trying to figure out how to do it. From looking at posts I understand that I would use Lacewing for android and swf's, and GameCenter for ios exporter. The Lacewing site is no longer up though and I don't even know how the whole thing works. Can I no longer use Lacewing because they are no longer functioning or what? Can anyone tell me what I need to do currently ( end of December 2014 ), to create a multiplayer game for ios, android/ouya, and flash swf's? Any help will be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure God will reward you greatly in heaven. Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacewing still works. Check the extension manager for the extensions: Lacewing and string tolkenizer. Download those. There is also a rather helpful tutorial example on the clickstore (free) as well as this http://vimeo.com/11182761 I've spent most of today just trying to learn how to make a 4 player coop game on windows. I can get 2 player to work great. Just gotta fix some problems to get 4 player working.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In theory, you could use a server as a hub for connecting various fusion clients.

Personally I'd find someone willing to do the Lacewing support for a sum of money.

Was your game in real-time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the game I am thinking of making is turn based, but I might want to do real time in the future. Where would I find someone willing to do the Lacewing support for money? Also, would I use Lacewing for Android/OUYA, and SWF's and GameCenter for iOS? Or would I use String Tolkienizer for all of them instead? I don't even know how multiplayer works. Where would I find more information? Thanks...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    String Tokenizer doesn't directly do anything related to online multiplayer. Lacewing is the object that does the multiplayer, or GameCenter depending on the runtime, apparently (though I think Lacewing probably could be ported to iOS, the developer of Lacewing is, from my understanding, busy working on Fusion 3, and I'd say that's a higher priority).

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My advice:
    First become very comfortable making single player games
    Second make a game where 2 players can play on one computer
    Then.... you can enter the world of multiplayer games.

It takes a bit of a mindset to do multiplayer games and if your not comfortable using Fusion its going to be a fail.
    Seen a lot of people try to jump into multiplayer a bit too early and become discouraged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. I've made a few single player games but haven't released any. Anyone know what server do I use for lacewing? Aquadasoft.com? Anyone know? I looked at the tutorial and the old lacewing site had a list of servers to use but their site is no longer there. The file for the Lacewing chatroom tutorial has "aquadaosft.com" on port 6121 in the code, but I can't get it to work. If anyone knows how to do all this I would be willing to pay you through paypal for your help. thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Check with Phi in the Click Converse chat room and see if he can help with a server.
    Otherwise you will need to run a server yourself.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it possible to have players host their own servers and then other players join that server?? That seems to be the best option, or at least a good place to start. Jeff is right though, don't jump into multiplayer games too early. I just published my 50th app and started learning multiplayer and it is still hard to learn.

The string tokenizer is used for splitting up strings in order to improve netcode and make the coding easier (to my knowledge at least) Send a single string with several values divided by "#" and then once a player receives the string use the string tokenizer to split them up into several separate strings.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think LB's server is still online.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast