User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lacewing more than 1 peer

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacewing more than 1 peer

Creating a 4 player coop game. Is it possible to have only a single active for the 3 peers and use lacewing id's to distinguish them. I've been trying to do so, but can't get it to work. It could save me a good deal of time to just have 1 active for the peers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just need to assign each peer object a unique spread ID and then loop through them every time lacewing updates to compare. Look more into fastloop object selection and it should help you out: http://www.create-games.com/article.asp?id=1798

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not the way to do it, actually. Use ForEach loops if you're going to loop through objects, it's better performance-wise and it tends to be less of a mess to work with. Besides, the IDs are seemingly randomized and therefore wouldn't match up, making the whole thing useless. I'm planning on making some kind of online multiplayer example soon, so if you don't mind waiting a little while (definitely not now, since it's 11:35 PM where I am), I can show you how it's done.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still getting used to the idea of ForEaches, heh. I've been using old-fashioned fastloops for 90% of my time with fusion out of habit :P

Definitely use them instead.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok yeah that would be awesome! The few lacewing tutorials i've found are outdated or are meant for 2 player games only. I spent around 8 hours yesterday just trying to figure out how lacewing works and i still haven't figured it all out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happygreenfrog, let me know when/if you make a tutorial

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to make one, since someone else requested some Lacewing help. However, I'm not necessarily going to be able to do it as soon as I had hoped, since I'm leaving for Florida (to go to Disney World, not to move there) tomorrow, and I don't know how much I'll be working on my example once I'm there. Also note that my example won't demonstrate how to have a server handle everything for your players instead of having the player's computers be the ones to handle everything, meaning it won't be nearly as cheat-proof with the way I'm going to do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have fun in Disney world! i can wait a bit for a tutorial, I have graphics and other things to make for my game anyways.

Okay yeah that's fine, i'm not creating a competitive game anyways

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello I'm working on a game right now and I'm doing something similar to this so I figured I'd give making an example for you a shot. Now I'm not quite sure to to post a link or upload it to here. Seems I'm too new to post links

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7w0sprlcea...peers.mfa?dl=0

Oh cool that worked. Hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast