User Tag List

Thread: Nibulus (AKA Nebulus old C64 game) WIP

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nibulus (AKA Nebulus old C64 game) WIP

Hello fellow Fusion users-

I love the concept of an old game I used to play on the old C64 called Nebulus (it also has a few other names). I have the platforms moving automatically yet I would love them to be controlled by the player movement and have the player static. It works ok yet I can't figure out how to stop the player sometimes drifting through platforms and how to stop the two platforms behind the tower acting as a platform/obstacle while it's out of play so to speak. Anyway enjoy

If you can see any improvements please share or repost any improvements.

Nibulus engine.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah.. Good start. I would have made a clone and made the building rotate and the platforms rotate when you went left or right but this works. I would recommend playing the Atari ST version of the game (For Inspiration) as it had better sound and GFX. Not to knock the C64 as I started programming on this in my pre-teen days and my personal preference was the SID chip on the CHUBBY model (Just sounded better IMO).
    You could probably dig out an Emulator and ROM from the depths of the internet to refresh your memory or for a trip down nostalgia lane..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice! I played around with it for a bit! I am interested to see what you come up with! Keep up the good work!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've improved the tower, it now rotates when the player moves left or right. The platforms are also behaving properly and don't get in the way when behind the tower.
    My next goal - to also move the platforms when the player moves left or right. Here's an video showing my updated progress.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!! Can you upload the newer version mfa please? Thank you...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi KLIK-iT, I promise to release an improved engine .MFA after I first release the game (as it's going to be free anyway). I've kind of got into it so much, that I've ironed out a great deal of my first problems. The character now stays centred and the tower only moves with the player movement. I'm so happy with the results, I'm going to make a full game for IOS and Android. I've started posting my videos in the WIP forum, and I'll update them as I progress

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the update, turns out keeping the character centred is only good for PC - unless someone finds another way to achieve the movement compatible with IOS or Android. Anyway to cut along story short, I'm going to release my updated engine early. Enjoy To create more levels just move around the enemies and platforms.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsc40d8n3i...20CTF.mfa?dl=0