User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: In-App Purchases not working. Any help please!?!

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question In-App Purchases not working. Any help please!?!

Hi Folks.

I'm using in-app purchases for the first time ever! This is all new to me and I looked at and followed Andos's fantastic example and guide, thanks! But I got a few questions...

How do I test the in-app purchase system? I understand, from what I'm reading, this requires setting up a test user account and going into something called "sandbox" mode? The links in the Fusion help file point to dead pages so can anyone give me some pointers or point me to the correct pages for info on this?
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Log into itunes connect, go to users and create a "test user"
    2. On your device, log off your app store account
    3. In your app, buy or restore your in-app purchase (assuming you've set up everything correctly in the mmf project)
    4. when asked about an app store account, use the test account you just created.

I would test restore once without having a purchase made on your test account, just to make sure restore doesn't count as a purchase. It won't if you followed the instructions, but I screwed that up once.
    You may also want to test a purchase after your app has been approved. Use a promo code and test a purchase before the app is live in the app store.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I found some info using Google and am about ready to give all this a try. Sounds fairly straight forward.
    KnightTrek Productions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Ok, this isn't working for me ...

In WeatherWarZ for iPad, the user presses a button to purchase and unlock the other seasons in the game.
    This takes them to a new screen which says "Working, please wait..."
    In the background the following code is running...

>Request information on "MyIdentifier.Seasons"

On request response for "MyIdentifier.Seasons"
    >Request payment for "MyIdentifier.Seasons" quantity 1

On payment precessed for "MyIndentifier.Seasons"
    >(Do stuff to unlock the seasons...)

When I run this, WeatherWarZ goes to the screen in question and then the game just quits .

I have my game setup in the Apple Store but I have not submitted for review, do I have to do this so that it's waiting for me to upload the App Binary? I read in the other thread that I don't actually have to have the binary uploaded, but I do have to submit it for review so it's ready on the App Store for the binary, or is it ok to be still in the Prepare stage?

Anyone got any ideas what's going on? Any help much appreciated!!
    KnightTrek Productions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

WeatherWarZ IAP Code.jpg

Here is my in-app purchase screen code. Can anyone help me out please!?!
    KnightTrek Productions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try it without your app's identifier (com.abc.def) - I seem to remember the last time I used IAPs I could only get it to work if I just used the IAP's name.

I haven't used IAPs since Fusion 2.5 but it may be worth trying to see if it's still the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WeatherWarZ IAP In Xcode.jpg

Thanks, Game_Master. Tried it but without success. WeatherWarZ still shuts down and I get dumped back to the iPad menu screen when I try to do an in-app purchase.

I tried this running WeatherWarZ through Xcode and the screenshot above is what I happened if this helps.
    KnightTrek Productions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed something... With me logged out of my usual iPad account, if I run WeatherWarZ and try to restore in-app purchases, I am prompted to login. But if I do a purchase, it doesn't prompt me to login, the game just shuts down.
    KnightTrek Productions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on here please? If not, I'll remove the in-app purchases from the game and release both a full paid for version and a free demo version, but I'd rather not do that, I'd like to release one version with the in-app purchase system in place if possible.
    KnightTrek Productions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weird that your app is crashing just over a login request. I would try using the example file and apply your bundle ID's and see if you can make an successful purchase. If that works, you know you've screwed up somewhere in your main application.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast