User Tag List

Thread: Testing Android Bluetooth Gamepad Controller

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing Android Bluetooth Gamepad Controller

I've been testing the possibility of Android Exporter with support for bluetooth gamepad controller but seems buggy with freeze.

If anyone in the community have any bluetooth gamepad either MOGA, iPEGA or Nexus Player gamepad, please have a try and let me know if it works on your end. You should terminate the app if freeze.

Test-Controller.apk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does work with my gametel bluetooth pad, but it only detected the dpad. None of the control button presses were detected. Was this expected?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More info: the gametel controller supports different modes. As a HID gamepad the buttons were not detected but on its "android mode" just one of the buttons were not detected - all others, including the dpad, were successfully detected.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never heard of Gametel before. Only the axis function is not working since Clickteam only build that function for OUYA object only. I already ask Fernando to implement this on next build. I don't know what his answer on my Feature Requests #2636 thought.

Thanks for the feedback, I already check Gametel code for developer and found some code I have not added yet. I hope this revision 2 shall work nicely on your Gametel controller. Thank you again for testing.

Test-Controller-Rev2.apk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very same result as the first version ;-)
    How didi you manage to get the control pad information?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know which button on your gamepad not working though. Different controller use different mapping. I just target standard Android bluetooth gamepad controller mapping which use X, Y and A, B button in order just like the MOGA, iPEGA and Asus Nexus Player gamepad.

Its easy, you just need to go native with Android a little. You may need to use Android object > New condition > Read button state. Then you can refer to Android Keycode value to map your gamepad controller input which you can find at http://developer.android.com/trainin...ler-input.html

One more thing, since you use Gametel controller, it is better to visit their developer site to get example code for Android as reference. Here is the link, http://gametelcontroller.com/index.p...port/developer

This method should be compatible with all other Android bluetooth gamepad controller. I'm hoping Fernando will implement axis function like OUYA object on next build, then I as a Fusion Developer will be extremely happy and you should too.

I am waiting more feedback from the community which have a MOGA controller to test this. I love this community. Thank you again for testing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I discovered the problem about the Gametel controller. According to its maker, the controller follows the Sony XPeria Play definitions. The missing button, that we expected to be the "A" button, is, in fact, assigned to KEYCODE_DPAD_CENTER (value 23). Considering this, all buttons of the Gametel controller are working now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it use the DPAD_CENTER base on the example code but it is not normal like other standard controller mapping. I only test it on my OUYA Controller because I do not have other controller, when testing the DPAD_CENTER, it conflict with other button. Good to know that Gametel use Sony Xperia Play controller mapping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have any luck using the Android Plus object to emulate the joystick commands?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been busy lately and got no time to test further but from my observation, I think the OUYA object can be use to emulate the joystick command. After all, OUYA is also an Android. Only one thing I do not like is the method, if got future update it certainly will mess up. You should try OUYA object on your Android smartphone, let me know if it works.