User Tag List

Thread: How to debug edrt.exe

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to debug edrt.exe

Is there an actual debugger in Fusion 2.5 Developer? I've created a program that keeps crashing as soon as the program starts. I'm guessing one of my conditions checks keeps looping. I've tried my best to ensure that nothing loops infinitely. It would be nice if Fusion 2.5 could tell you what was causing the crash. All I get is a dialog box saying edrt.exe has stopped working.

I've read on the forums about disabling the compress runtime. I don't have the option of compressing the runtime enabled. I've always disabled that feature as it seems compressed runtimes were picked up as false positives by antivirus software.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a guess, but are you using popup menu?

Also some objects struggle with completing actions on the very first frame, I've had success with adding small delays like Timer is greater than 0.5 seconds.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After going thorugh all of the functions numerous times I finally figured it out. I had a subapplication in the first frame. The only purpose of the subapplication was to be used as the about box. That is, when the user goes to Help > About. The condition was when the user would click About in the Application Menu. I found it odd that this was causing the trouble considering I didn't do anything to trigger that action. However, I deleted the subapplication from the first frame and it stopped crashing.

What led me to the subapplication was when I tried to build. I thought maybe by building and it crashing from a built exe that I could get more info. When I ran the build version at the start of the app I got an error that kcplugin.mfx was missing. I did a search on the forums and found that kcplugin.mfx was associated with the Vitalize plugin. I was using the Vitalize object so that I could have a hyperlink in the about box.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using popup menus for your menu? I found that the event having an event that displays popup menu at mouse pointer (-1,-1) randomly crashed my application on startup, so I changed it to XMouse+WindowXPosition and YMouse+WindowYPosition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Using the Special object. Special Object > Application Menu > Has option been selected?