Arvesia - Concept of 2D action RPG, Freeware? or future ? or...

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Hello !

Sorry that I can not change title name : I am looking for Coder (long-term relationship).
    Let me introduce myself and my idea briefly. I am offering NO money/cash so you can stop reading here if it is "main concern" what were you after.

- I am not native English speaker so my English might slap you and I ask for understanding that the following text won't be super !
    - I d like to work with someone - who has MMF2/CTF x*years experience ! Why ?
    - I am 29 this year. I am making games for 14 years+ , My first game was in C# but it was ...
    - Since it was hard and I was young I found RPG Maker 2000/2003 which I used for umm 10years and made some custom-system build stuff, etc.
    - I only did some graphic pixel edits, etc. + some minor own graphic back then.
    - I created some large-scale RPGs in our language and it was well accepted in our small country, by native players ! But using a lot of rips, so = freeware.

Please login to see this media element.

- I bought CTF last year in April 2014, it is still new engine to me after RPG Maker. My quick idea was why not to do metroidvania - how I love these !
    - thanks to my RPG maker experience (x/y coords, strings, variables, etc.) I got and idea how CTF works super quickly. But I don't understand many things. My Math grades at high were D... 4 if u don't have A, B, Z things.

- I started to learning pixealrt.

- thanks to my RPG maker experience (like x/y, switch,variables work like and it's possibilites) I got and idea how CTF works super quickly even I was super new to it.

- Due all this knowledge I build really quick content level of "Arvesia" game, 2d action RPG. I struggled a lot, a lot. My graphic was like (oh how do the ppl do it ?! I don't understand).
    and as I tried to understand that the game changed over and over and over, so I didnt do a game I changed the same exact zone and assets all over again. I was pi**ed off that I am not creating a thing !
    But I was repeating the same all over again.

Here, you may get an idea what type of game I am talking about - this is 9 months of my progress :

and here are some screenshots :

Please login to see this attachment.

Edited 8 times, last by PixelABCD (January 5, 2015 at 6:47 PM).

• You can see more concept and images AT :

game's profile : Please login to see this link.
    or

Please login to see this link. forum wont allow me to post them here.

You can also download this EARLY Alpha concept level on RMN and play it !

All sprites in this post are animation, just check attachment or click on a sprite.

Maybe I am not clear enough because of my English, but I am trying to find someone for long-term co-work, let's share ideas, implent them, let's discuss ideas Y <= Result => M.

Who do I seek ?
    - person with wider CTF experience, who can handle : // European preferable
    coding
    don't have problems with a compromises
    I speak english bad, but I communicate pasively via text a lot better :(( I need someone with holy patience, no rager. as my speech si messed up.

What do I offer ?
    Pixelart Graphics (not at professional level), but I will try my best - you can see concept or play game - link above.
    I am good with stories, so I will not hesitate to make a one ! I can figure out quests too as I did many times before in my previous RPGs. Coder would have to make it in right grammar as my sucks.

We both could do level designs too, or ... hm.

Idea is the following :

1) Let's get to know each other (game making experience, some old arts, materials, work, etc. to show).

2) Let's focus on this concept together.

- what will a world look like ?
    - what story will take a place in this world (I can do the story part and come with some concept first, so there will be a starting point to talk about).

- How will you move in this world (world map or open zones with teleportation statues, etc.)
    - How skills will work ? *Collect relics to unlock a new magic is a primary idea.
    - What should will be necessary to draw - pixel particles for effects, magic balls, animated shots, flames, etc.... etc. etc.

Additional stuff :

If we manage to make this concept to sellable game, then yes, we will share profit.

No money for co-work, I am Czech and I have 400 Euro monthly. Truth to be told I have no hundreds of dollars to wave around. Still I would like to move with this in free time to some point where it ll get more possibilites.

I d like to have the coder handle the in game stuff in the way he sees fit (code freedom) and I would stick to graphic only instead. IF we decide that there should be a boss like this :
    (Y: Hey I have this Idea... the boss could do that and that.... I will code using it this quick sprite... ME : Interesting ! let's try that. I will add some texture to these pixel sketches. ) - or opposite. XD

Is this concept worth to take it somewhere further ?
    There is playable version now, which you can play - link above, its built upon PMO and it might be not perfect and maybe it just need fresh custom build engine, some basic graphic is done, download and play for yourself. I am not quite good with CTF and I don't want to spend years to learning the stuff. I learned pixelart for 8months it gave me only basic.

I got a message from orchestra-musician from Istanbul too, who was interested in this concept and offered some orchestra music fiting the places. I didn't figure out conditions, but it's there as a chance of own music too. Why I didnt take this music chance further ? because I said him this is only concept and if this will have some future (core systems, save, load, items, equip, relics, world concept done... then I will contact him). But this is not only music option.

We will have to think of some, if we are good with progress.

Platforms :
    PC ?/ Resolution 525x300 (current) ?

Can we manage to make it sellable / profit-share ? Is it worth or not. Think about it, I have my free time, if you have yours... But may it might be a waste of your precious time, we dont know! Who knows?

maybe this post was boring. maybe this concept has no future. And this hour I spent writing all this is wasted. But I tried to continue with my dream game - metroidvania! never said I have to work alone on it. I tried...

I won't make futher moves to develop this concept-project because I have no strength to work on it alone.

I gave up on my last RPG project too, because of this - this was still in RPG maker: ha :o don't judge me for a music, I just like anime and J-RPG and it may be seen in my work a little.

custom built system (using variables and strings, those works nearly same in both CTF and RPG maker) - this was done in RPG maker.

Edited 41 times, last by PixelABCD (January 5, 2015 at 7:15 PM).

• Gotta say the game looked clunky until you changed to chibi, that was a great move my friend.
    Looking foward to how this will develope!

I would like to help, but I have a very independent way of doing things in mmf2.

Good luck!

• I think your final style looks fantastic! Well done on progressing with the game; you've got a lot to be proud of there.
    Keep up the great work :)

Addictive 247 Games - Please login to see this link.

• The game looks great, but it will be hard for you to find a coder that's willing to do it for you for free. Have you tried creating a Kickstarter to get your project going?

Current Projects:
    Please login to see this link., Goober's World, NDA Publisher Agreement

• Thanks Gamester, This project was cancelled recently. I aimed at better freeware game lately, but I decided I will just let it be.

Final speedrun.

So I ask any mod or admin who can delete this thread to do it. It's irrelevant.

• Hay Rebel, your game looks like it's coming together quite nicely. I'm not sure you need a programmer. If there's something you think you can't figure out how to do, maybe you should consider cutting it out and leaving it for another game. Focus on what you're good at and make a game out of that. If you think it's really necessary, then you should probably save up some money to pay someone to help you out. But only if it's really necessary.

Follow my game dev on twitter Please login to see this link.

• Thanks for motivation! I released final concepts today, please keep in mind music is only provisional. I contacted GamesterX23 as he offered help.
    If things go right, we may or not, depends on many things build completely new engine from a zero, anew. With more things in mind and properly planned stuff.

Edited 2 times, last by PixelABCD (February 15, 2015 at 12:18 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!