User Tag List

Thread: play animation once and pause when it stops, change to next animation on button press

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

play animation once and pause when it stops, change to next animation on button press

The animation system is not playing nice for some reason.
    I have multiple animation sequences on an active object.
    I am trying to make it so it plays an animation sequence once and then it pauses when it's over.
    On button press it plays the next animation sequence in line.

For some reason fusion wont let me play the next animation sequence when I set it to "stop" animation once its done playing it.

Is there an example file out there I could look at?

Thanks in advance

Edit: For some reason it would some times play animation sequence 1, press button and switch to animation sequence 2 play it. But on the third button press it gets stuck on animation sequence 2. Wont switch to animation sequence 3.

Edit:
    I seem to have solved it with by using a fastloop and a variable to switch to the next animation sequence.
    Using the expression change animation sequence to :
    Anim Number( "active" ) + 1 does not work consistently for some reason. It works only once. So you gotta use a variable to set it instead

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok I have another issue, where fusion wont play a specific animation sequence at the start of the frame for some reason. I tried using timer instead of start of frame as well.

Why is the animation system so crap?

I dont want to set my animation to loop. I want it to play once and stop until specified to change to something else. And I dont want fusion to jump back to the first animation sequence when its done with another animation sequence that played once. That is just a terrible design. Terrible

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry for the angry rant

I resolved it with with some more trial and error.
    I had to first stop animation at the start of frame. Without that fusion would play the animation once I requested once at the start of frame (even without me seeing it) and then go back to the first animation sequence (id=0) and play it, then freeze.

It was hard for me to identify that it was doing that.

as a whole I dont understand why fusion goes back to animation sequence 0 and plays it whenever it is done playing a non looping animation sequence. At first I thought it was a bug.
    it would be much more convenient and less irritating if it just stops at the last frame of an animation it played. and then the user could call the next animation (if he or she requires) with the "when animation finishes" event. Otherwise we are manually inserting events to counteract this undesirable behavior or scratching our heads why are things not working

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is possible to do exactly what you are saying by using a looping animation but having the animation frame return to the last frame in the animation. Its pretty simple just use the "Back to" option

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where is that option?
    Can you post an example file?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check direction options in the Active object...you know...where you can choose the speed for the animation etc. there you can check loop and choose which frame to stop at

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Blurymind, try this example the animation setting for - back to, is found in the directions options tab when setting your animation rate.

Animation back to last frame.mfa