User Tag List

Thread: Requires the iOS7 SDK or greater

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Requires the iOS7 SDK or greater

I have not been building for iOS for a while and I noticed a message I have not got before when building my latest zip "Warning: this version of the iOS export module requires the iOS7 SDK or greater"

Does this mean I will not be able to test it on my ipod 4 that I think only can run iOS6? (I know apple will have new requirements for 64bit and iOS8 if I am not mistaken by february)

If so what is the newest version of the extension I can downgrade to be able to run it?

Also a follow up question, I also have an iPhone 4, I assume that also only can run iOS6?

And another follow up question, if this is the case I guess I need to buy a new device (thanks apple) so what is the recommended device to buy at this point? I want a low end device since I like to test against the lowest possible performance to be safe that the app runs well on all devices.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you just need the latest version of xcode.

If I'm wrong, the previous version should work fine, Build 282.3

iPod 4 supports 6.1.6, while iPhone4 supports 7.1.2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices)

The iPhone4 or 3GS is a nice low end device

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the message I got from Apple "Beginning February 1, 2015 new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK. "

Does that not mean I will need to buy a device that supports 8? (If Iphone4 only supports 7?)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure that just means all new apps as of January 1st must support 64 bit and built with the latest SDK. I think this just means the apps will run better on the newer devices that supports 64 bit.
    I believe the iPhone 5S and newer are the only ones with 64 bit support, I am pretty sure apple won't bottlenect all new apps down to the iPhone 5S

Here's an article about 32 vs 64 bit devices:
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/features/...32-bit-iphone/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you think I can continue to use my Ipod 4 for testing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am guessing that won't be a problem.
    I haven't tested xcode 6 yet, but I think you can install earlier iOS libraries, at least you could for xcode 5: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...6-with-xcode-5

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The iOS exporter now supports both 64bit and 32bit. When compiling it actually compiles for both architectures - meaning that new devices will run the 64bit version and older devices will run the 32bit version. It all happens automatically and you don't have to worry about it

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great news, Anders! just a question about older apps. if i have an update for a Fusion 2 App where i just have to change the .cci file and upload a new version,
    is there a way to keep this simple method? or is there no way around to export the project completly fresh from fusion 2.5? thanks for the info!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid you have to do a fresh export from Fusion and port over your manual changes.
    If you are unsure of what you changed in the codebase yourself then compare a fresh export of the old iOS exporter version with your current project with http://winmerge.org/
    There you can see exactly what was modified.

Then update the iOS exporter, do a fresh export and copy over whatever changes you made.