User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: spread objects on screen at start of frame- creating a rain effect

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spread objects on screen at start of frame- creating a rain effect

This is a fairly basic thing that I still need to get a grasp of.
    I need to create a rain animation at the start of frame. For this I am cloning a rain looping active object and spreading it on the screen at the start of frame.

How do I position its clones with code, so they fill up the screen?

So far I was able to spread a line of clones on the X value (with a spread value.x-->set x position to value.x). But for some reason spreading them on the Y value doesnt work.

Is there a simple example I could look at?
    Basically I am looking for a super cheap way to do rain on an 8 direction movement game

Thanks in advance

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an open source "Weather Effects Example" on my website. Maybe you can get some ideas.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want something that uses only one object. The example is too elaborate.
    I want something that works on 8 directional movement (top down) and also moves with the frame with some paralax (another layer+ some specific settings) - the example is for a simple platformer

Can you point me to an example where at start of frame fusion creates a grid of clones of an object on the screen - on a specific layer?

which is cheaper to do in terms of cpu/gpu?
    a) rain with particles
    b) rain with a cloned animated object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tutorial on the clickteam page is probably as basic as it comes. Not sure if you have already looked at it, but it seems to be what you are describing. It also seems pretty similar to Marv's example. Here's the link if you want to check it out anyway http://www.clickteam.com/creation_materials/tutorials/download/WeatherEffects1_Rain.zip

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not what I want though. I stated it in the previous post

And you havent answered my question. Which is more efficient? A or B

I want rain on an 8 direction movement scenario, that moves with the frame. The example does neither and its approach is different to what I want to achieve visually.

I guess I could try with particle rain, but alter some things to get it to look the way I want to

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have a 20 or something frames animation of rain I made a while ago if you're interested in having the rain as an active object the size is 800*1000

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats kind of expensive. Thats why I wanted to create a grid of identical clones that are smaller

That is all I want - make a grid of rain objects at start of frame

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.diybandits.com.au/MMF/tutorial_rain1.html

It's a pretty active intensive method though. If you want to save on performance you best bet is probably just to create a looping animation which you can overlay onto your frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blurymind View Post
    That is all I want - make a grid of rain objects at start of frame
    You might have to tweak this, it could look weird depending on your screen size in relation to your object size. Worked best for me with a width and height of the frame evenly divisible by the object's width and height. I used the values ID, XSpacing, and YSpacing (so there wasn't just a screen full of rain).

Start of Frame:
    -> Start Loop "Create" Frame Width / OWidth( "Rain" ) * Frame Height / OHeight( "Rain" ) Times

On Loop "Create":
    -> Create object "Rain" at (0,0)

Start of Frame:
    -> Spread Value 0 in ID of "Rain"

Start of Frame:
    -> Start Loop "Spread" NObjects "Rain" Times

On Loop "Spread"
    + ID of "Rain" = LoopIndex "Spread":
    -> Set X Position "Rain" to ( ID( "Rain" ) ) mod ( Frame Width / OWidth( "Rain" ) ) * OWidth( "Rain" ) * XSpacing( "Rain" )
    -> Set Y Position "Rain" to Int(ID( "Rain" ) / ( Frame Width / OWidth( "Rain" ) ) ) * OHeight( "Rain" ) * YSpacing( "Rain" )
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did this for a project a while back, top-down view with scrolling, could help:
    Attached files Attached files

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast