User Tag List

Thread: change position consistently by math

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

change position consistently by math

Upon pressing any key, I'd like an active object to change its position.
    It's position must remain within an area in MMF's frame/level.
    Each position must be predictable, meaning the user may press any key and update its position multiple times, and if the game/frame is reset, the position will be the same as the previous cycle. And it must appear random, so I can't have it showing up in a sine wave or something.

It's a little difficult to explain, so I made this illustration
    consistant.png
    The red box should change it's position on each click 1,2,3 etc. and if the frame is reset, the position should be the same as the previous cycle.

Is there some way to do this, I guess through some kind of math?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello, Willy.

Here is an example that I believe solves your problem. Press Z or Hold X to randomize.

It requires a custom menu because the default "New - F2" menu function restarts Global Values when selected. Jumping to your Title Screen using a custom Menu Bar & The Event editor will not reset Global Values.

If you need any help with any of the code feel free to ask or PM me.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, thanks! But not quite what I mean. I don't want the position to be actually random.

Let's say the frame just loaded, and I press "z" to change the position 1000 times.
    I'd like these 1000 positions to appear random, but if the user restarts the frame, the next 1000 positions should follow the same pattern as the previous session.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you saying you want the game to generate these movement "amounts" on its own and that the amounts should be exactly the same every time the game is run?

IE:
    Start of game generates the movement amounts like so.

Then when you restart it generates the same string of movements and applies them under your control (ie: when you press a button?)

Does this "string" of movements need to be identical on all computers that the game is installed on, or can it be different for each one? I'm not overly array savvy or anything, but I believe you could generate the movements using an array and a loop (and maybe a counter to specify min and max movement amounts) the first time the user runs the game, and then use that Array to handle the movements for the rest of the time the game is installed on a users computer.

IF you want it to be identical on everyones computer, you can generate the array on YOUR computer, then distribute that array with the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, thanks! That's what I am trying to do, but I'd like to avoid predetermining the pattern and was hoping there was some clever maths I could do

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try making the Random seed 0 or 1.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah change the Fusion random seed from -1 to a positive number. Then when you use "Random( )" it will always return the same random sequence of numbers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i made an example, press space to change position:
    http://hungryfishgame.com/link/randomize.mfa

but yeah, you actually don't need to specify the random seed, you could just set it to 0 at start of frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! This is exactly what I want, thanks!