User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RPG Game Creation extensions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPG Game Creation extensions

Hello everyone,

I want to create a RPG Game like Zenonia. I would like to know if there are any pre-made extensions or pre made algorithms/examples for MMF that I can import to make everything faster.

I need: (if you know rpg games I'm sure you know what I mean )

Dialogue window that opens with words that appears letters per letters like spelling. And the Image of the character next to it.

Rpg Movement of the character ( I read a member created an extensions for this ).

If you have any pre made rpg game that I can run on mmf and see, that would be great.

Thank you very much!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    For character ,use Game Character Hub on Steam...

Sloxone

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fusion is a very powerful engine with a number of insanely good actions that can be used to build the behavior you are asking for. Its good at NPC text (use an ini object for that).
    But you are not going to get any out of the box solutions here. So roll up your sleeves and get to work

The rpg movement is easy to do. (check out the "layer" object)

Where you are gonna have some pain is dealing with inventory and databases. That is where complicated gets complicated imo.

If you want a lazy, cookie cutter out of the box way of doing an rpg game - go with enterbrain's rpg maker or their action maker (if you want a zeldaesque game). But your game will look similar to other games made with it. The engine there limits you in terms of sprite size, tile size and other stuff - its so specific that all the games look a like. And its not easy to make custom logic - again it is limited.
    This is where fusion really shines. But as with life- if you want to make something good and original , you gotta put a little bit more effort

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at "Zoric" on my website. Mapping, inventory and etc. It is open source.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everybody.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    careful dont use Game Character Hub on Steam, license only for RPG maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you sure adeb? because they told me that you can use it without rpg maker...

Clicker The Games Factory 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep that's the truth:

Game Character Hub is the ultimate program for creating and editing 2D game assets. It provides a built-in generator for character and tileset creation. While the program was made to be compatible with RPG Maker XP, VX and VX Ace, the elements found in the program should work with other 2D game engines as well. RPG Maker assets are for RPG Maker use only.
    Source: http://store.steampowered.com/app/292230/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everybody. Anyway I am a graphic artist, so graphics is not the problem for me...what I need is extensions and code examples.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at this from my website.
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/RPGProject53.mfa

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast