User Tag List

Thread: How to create LEFT/RIGHT and ACC. touch controls (iOS Exporter) ? Race Movement

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to create LEFT/RIGHT and ACC. touch controls (iOS Exporter) ? Race Movement

Hello everyone,

I want to make ma own game for iOS and now i have to add touch controls (i have iOS exporter and Fusion 2,5 Developer). This will be a Race game. I set race movement in properties. First I added Right and Left Arrow and Accelarate touch button. Then i inserted multiple touch object but i don't know what is next step (i am trying something in event editor but without results).

My questions:
    1. Can someone explain it to me ? (step by step - i am beginner)
    2. Do you have any example ?

What I need:
    1. Working touch button left/right and accelerate (accelerate touch button replace UP arrow which is responsible to accelerate on keyboard)

When I used included touch joystick to control my player (made by clickteam) everything work but it's terrible to race movement because accelerate/deaccelerate and turn left/right are in one movable button.

Below I attach an example. (Sorry for my english but i still tech it)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4np8av2wq...ceCar.mfa?dl=0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nobody know ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From one point of view.. this is a massive oversight / design flaw on CT's part.. but on the other hand I never use the built in movements so it doesn't effect me. CT need to implement virtual inputs for their controls so people can use the default movements on iOS with a custom touch pad. This feature is available for Android (via the Android+ extension) but not for iOS. Yes, it's quite silly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, so it's impossible. Maybe CT add this feature on the next version ? I would like to customize my touch screen controls (change position, choose which key should be visible and simply choose/replace keymap)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 moths later...

I'm about to try this myself so was hoping this would be answered, but it's really not that hard of an issue. I'm also no expert but the following should work.

For anyone else thinking about doing this, try to deconstruct what you want to happen to it's basic functions (this goes for everything you want to do in CTF). Movement is really just increasing an X and Y coordinate value over time, and acceleration is how many steps are taken over time. So lets say you have an action where every 1second you move by the current speed value 'X'. A positive value 'X' moves forward, and a negative value moves in reverse. If holding a button down increases or decreases the 'X' variable, your object will appear to move faster and faster over time. Releasing the button or pressing a different one can make the object move in the opposite direction. Just set your player object you want to move to an 'always' move by a factor of 'X', and X is modified whether a button is depressed or not. Not depressing will have the 'X' move toward a value of 0 over time (deceleration).

This is incredibly basic movement along the X and Y axis and doesn't account for moving at an angle...but it's a start.