User Tag List

Thread: Android behavior on frog tongue tutorial different from Windows

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android behavior on frog tongue tutorial different from Windows

Hello!

So I have been messing around with the frog tongue tutorial on Nivram's tutorial site and on my Android device, if you touch far away from the frog the tongue will randomly just keep going and going and going and never retract. I tried changing the touchpoint to a larger touchpoint and it helps but doesn't always fix it. I also tried changing it from overlapping to collide with no change.

It especially does it if you change to landscape, and you touch far away from the frog. It doesn't happen on Windows at all. Anybody have an idea what could be happening here?

frogexample.mfa

Thank you for your help!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello, popping in again to see if anyone would be willing to download this on their phone to test it out. I'm really trying to understand why android acts differently - it's driving me crazy! or is it just my phone? seems to happen on every app I test out with this code though.

Thanks guys

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't test it on a phone or anything (and wasn't able to re-create the bug myself) but I suspect what is happening is if the touch is too far away and on a particular angle, the tongue is veering off course from the touch point (which is why making the touch point bigger helps a little) but to solve the problem, simply cap the length the tongue can be. I only added one event marked with a blue comment, check it out and let me know if that fixes it!

edit: I also removed the clickteam movement controller because it's not needed now with fusion 2.5's built in functionality.. it's possible that there is a small bug in the CT movement controller on the Android runtime.

frogexample2.mfa

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave! Thank you so much for replying, so I don't know if it's because I have the steam version or not but I can't open your file because it says I need the Joystick 2 object (Joystick2.mfx). I found the forum post under extensions and tried to install it but it just keeps saying it's not a valid MMF2 directory. Is there a way to install so I can see your file it or am I out of luck because of the Fusion 2.5 steam version?

That's great to know the clickteam movement controller is not needed, I didn't know that! Also what you said makes sense to me, hopefully I'll be able to open the file to take a look

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update, I put in the code when the tongue base gets closer than 1 pixel from windows edge to set internal flag to off, which works great, at least it comes back! Still though the accuracy isn't quite there. it should retract exactly where you touched with the touchpoint. I couldn't figure out how to make it work without the clickteam movement controller as the code for AngleObjects included that. So it's possible that's still the problem.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    did you try using the angle from runtime
    Attached files Attached files
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's strange that it asks for the joystick2 object considering that isn't used at all in the above example. Have you tried installing it from fusion 2.5's built in extension manager?

I don't have access to my PC at the moment so this just from my memory so I can't tell you exactly what to change..

But for the tongue length I did an event "tongue length value >500" set flag to off. ( the flag that will bring it back)

For the replacing the CT movement controller I used the angle of a vector expression with the X and Y co ords of the touch point active object.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I got it working, thank you Fernando for the file and Dave for the explanation! No idea why I couldn't download your file then Dave, that is really weird.

So happy For anybody else reading stuck on the same thing..the story is don't use clickteam movement controller extension, it's buggy and you don't need it. We also used the VAngle expression as a replacement and it's very accurate compared for Android.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    out of curiosity were you able to download the joystick2 extension from the built in extension manager and then open the mfa?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no I wasn't, it wasn't listed as an option in there. There were only 2 joystick extensions listed and neither was joystick2, and the two listed were ones I already had installed.