User Tag List

Thread: Gamepad 32 buttons and a 360 controller

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamepad 32 buttons and a 360 controller

Hi!

I have this arcade game and using the pc version of a xbox 360 controller, the gamepad object has 32 buttons to use?!
    I don't see the logic about this, does anyone know which buttons are A/B/X/Y/START? ca't seem to find the right buttons

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use XBOX Gamepad object. Or you can use a counter which is always last key pressed. This way you can figure out the keys too. For axis you can use compare to general values etc.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're using an Xbox 360 joypad there's an extension for Fusion 2.5 just for that. It has "User presses X" etc as actions, so you don't need to figure out which one is "Button 1" and so on. I don't think it's possible to interface with a 360 joypad without this object, though I could be wrong.

If you're looking to support regular joypads then.. good luck. In my experience, "Button 1" varies depending on the joypad itself. It's possible to store the button mappings in an ini file and use an expression instead. Use either Joypad or Joypad2. Many devs now only support 360 and ask players to use something like Joy2Key for any non-standard joypads.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For different than Xbox 360 controllers use the joypad 2 extension and create a little confoguration/mapping screen where u map the buttons. Google "sonic worlds " its a very well made fangame with usefull data to leran from in .Theres a download link directly to this .mfa example there you can check out the mapping for non xbox360 controllers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure how much help this will be but, when i was using my PS3 controller for my game i had to go to the control panel and find out what buttons went with what numbers. Since the XBOX controllers appear to be more user friendly when it comes to PC's, try pulling up usb game controllers in your search under the start menu, when it brings up the window, click on the XBOX controller and go to properties. It should show up just like any other PC game controller, and when you press the buttons they should light up. That's the only way i was able to figure out the mapping for my ps3 controller lol. Usually, they go from a top, right, bottom and left orientation - so for example my ps3 controller was mapped like so: Triangle = 1, Circle = 2, X = 3 and Square = 4. As for the other buttons, i honestly dont remember lol. Good luck!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the help!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh one question is the xbox 360 object functional if I'm trying to create an exe or upload it to desura/steam?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see no reason why it would not be.