User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to faster games with less memory usage

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablohead View Post
    change the optimization level to fastest,smallest [-0s]
    What does this mean? I haven't seen an 'optimisation level' feature anywhere...?

EDIT: Ohh it's in Xcode, not MMF

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
    What does this mean? I haven't seen an 'optimisation level' feature anywhere...?

EDIT: Ohh it's in Xcode, not MMF
    in xcode sorry, it's helped me a lot today and hopefully it stays that way before I run into framerate troubles again.

It's under Build Settings, scroll down a little and it's there.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablohead View Post
    I think an ipod touch is the best right now for iOS exporting, a 4g is the same power as the iphone 4, it only has half the ram but this is good to stop you bloating up a game you are making with the problems of it only working in large ram devices, you can also get an 8gb 4g touch for £150 which is damn good value for money even right now.

This is from my own experience mind you, not tried my games on a 3gs.
    I just obtained a third-gen ipod touch. I figured it would be best for me to develop for less-powerful hardware than the fourth-gen.

Is this a mistake? Anyone else try exporting to a 3rd-gen ipod touch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3rd gen is a 3GS so it's a good one, it's the slowest armv7 in the family but because it doesn't have to power a retina screen it's not that far off the 4g touch, sort of.

Worth owning imo, I still need to test my game out on a 3gs.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am exporting to a 3rd Gen ipod touch and ipad2, covering the high and low end of the spectrum. But I am having a hell of a time getting a decent framerate on the 3rdGen touch. A lot of my code was based on counters and animation frames, so things go bad when framerate drops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobichan View Post
    I am exporting to a 3rd Gen ipod touch and ipad2, covering the high and low end of the spectrum. But I am having a hell of a time getting a decent framerate on the 3rdGen touch. A lot of my code was based on counters and animation frames, so things go bad when framerate drops.
    did you try the optimisation level change in Xcode before running the app? it did wonders for my frame rates.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With respect, you do not believe that today and we should aim at least iPhone 4 and iPad1.

In March we have a safe iPad 3 with more memory and otherwise Apple it gives in their own apps warning that can scratch on devices like the iTouch 4 and iPad1, which only have 256 MB RAM.

Sorry my english!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Diablohead: If you are referring to changing the Optimization to (-0s), then yes I tried it. It showed no improvement. I also tried turning on vsynch and saw no improvement either. On the bright side, the ipad2 runs my app with no issues at all (aside from random crashes, which I have no idea what is causing them). Unfortunately, I want this app to be available to the widest audience possible.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife has on old itouch 2nd generation device which is great to test on. MMF on the whole runs great and it's handy to spot areas of slow down that you can try to optimise. It depends upon what you are making, but it is better to make sure your game works its best on as many devices as possible, especially if there is not a reason not to.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most important aspect to consider when cutting the memory usage of your games is to make sure your sprites dont have alot of animation frames, the more they have, the more memory it uses, and music and sound effects can affect it

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast