User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chartboost Interstitial is BROKEN, will get you banned

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Chartboost Interstitial is BROKEN, will get you banned

I have been using the Chartboost extension to show interstitial ads. I have not yet released my project, but occasionally I forget to re-set the ads to test mode (because it changes back after a while) and so I see an ad. I have seen a lot of test ads, and a few real ones, but for the first time, today I saw an interstitial ad that had NO CLOSE BUTTON and NO WAY OUT of the ad. Back button presses and other functions worked normally on the app, which was behind a dark overlay with the interstitial ad on top. The ad remained across all frames while navigating back and only disappeared when I left the app. There is nothing wrong with my code - it is all just very standard stuff and every way that the user could possibly get out of the ad has been covered - this is either a bug in the way it is implemented in Fusion2.5, or this is a bug in the Chartboost SDK itself. Either way, this will get apps banned from Google Play IMMEDIATELY if it gets reported or if it happens while Google is testing it.

I recall seeing someone else post recently about having an app banned because Google said their interstitial ads needed to have a close button, etc. but everything seemed fine in their app. I think I have just reproduced that problem, but I can not get it to happen again. This is a MAJOR FLAW and needs to be addressed immediately, even if it is just some sort of hacked safeguard against this. Unfortunately I haven't narrowed it down at all and it seems to be very sporadic since I have only seen it once, and as far as I know, it has only been reported one other time and only because that person had their app banned from Google Play. Google has a very, very screwed up policy for banning users based on little-to-nothing and 3 strikes of any kind, even all at once, will result in immediate account termination and you will be banned forever from making any new accounts. Will someone please look into this and let me know what is happening here or if there can be some kind of safeguard implemented in case it is the fault of the SDK? I will continue to be testing this, and I will update this with any information. If I find out this is a false alarm and I have overlooked something I will make sure to post that here also. I was building with Android API 15 when this happened, but I am using 19 now, hoping that will fix it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly why the Chartboost should not be left with a third party developer and also be considered a top priority by CT.

With the many OS and Ad network updates, I can only imagine that this type of plugin is a nightmare to support. It's probably also really boring work, so I bet this is a very hot potato at CT. Why not pass the monkey around? Each month a new CT programmer is in charge of supporting chartboost. This way everyone is familiar with the code and nobody feel like quitting their job.

Just taking a guess.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is exactly why the Chartboost should not be left with a third party developer and also be considered a top priority by CT.
    who made Chartboost extension?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did make the Chartboost Extension? I though it was probably you, Fernando.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but Fernando its from Clickteam, and I thing of Clickteam that I never doubt is: Fernando you fix this like he fix everything on Android Exporter.

I have my concerns about the ios exporter, but android no.

100% sure Fernando will look this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not having any problems, can you post an example to see how you are doing it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just post yesterday on the post "how-to chartboost" http://community.clickteam.com/threads/84242-Chartboost-Extension-Step-by-Step-How-to-document/page8 the same problem. I did test last week and It happen to me the same problem, lots of ads have no close button. I had to swipe to other application and return to make the ads diseapear. I post a screenshot on the other post. I had this problem inside a scene where I load a reward video too, not sure if it did something.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I just tested the chartboost object and everything seems to work, even the error, not to returning the correct location.

please be warned that maybe some ads are changed by promoters and can have some issues also chartboost is working hard in their sdk.

my personal comment from what is was, and what is now, the change is great so, nothing to complain.

The beta 284h have the latest libs from Chartboost with date 10-12-2014
    Version 5.1.0 (Dec. 10, 2014)

Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you fernando, i will check if I have the latest version. I posted a ticket to chartboost this morning with a screenshot to see if they have information about this problem.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nice , let us know their answer.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast