User Tag List

Thread: Really need help with Parallax save load problem :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Really need help with Parallax save load problem :/

I wrote about this problem in another thread, but the original topic of the thread was not about this problem so I thought it would be better to create a new one. My current project is currently at a stand-still because of this and I can't proceed until I have solved it :/

The problem I have is that I have some different layers with different x coefficients for scrolling so you get the nice parallax effect. In my game you can create object that are placed on different layers and then saved, and then when you load the game the objects you have placed are supposed to be loaded back. The problem is that objects on layers with a x coefficient different from 1 is always changing their x position so when you save their x position for next time it will be different depending on how far you scroll. So this mess up everything when it is loaded back.

I have created a striped down example of the problem where you can create an object by pressing the "1" key, then you can place it with the mouse.
    Then when you restart the frame the objects you have placed will be loaded. It works as long as you don't scroll, but try to scroll and place an object and then reload and you will see that things does not space even anymore and are att different places.

I have also recorded a video of this happening: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kaco7lupe...63248.wmv?dl=0

Please do anyone know a solution to this? It is driving me mad :/
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ohh yes this is very very annoying.
    I remember dwelling in this abyss some time ago

I think your issue may be strongly related to this, here's the thread:
    http://community.clickteam.com/threads/91740-Paint-to-Backdrop-jumping-when-a-Parallax-Background

hope it will be helpful!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the thread, but it seems the issue was not fully fixed?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you're going to load your positions while not scrolling camera, I think this shoud work OK,
    the problem arises if you load positions while scrolling, you would notice a "jump".

In the other thread he needed objects to be pasted in the background while scrolling was not active
    (if I recall correctly, the fix in the example was not so easy to notice because scrolling was bounded to mouse position and it was difficult to keep the mouse "steady" while pasting)
    but, if pasting to other parallaxed layer while scrolling,
    the issue would still be noticeable and I guess a perfect fix for this situation would hardly exist *

* but this would need further testing to be really sure...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, yes I will only load positions when not scrolling the camera! (Only at the start of the game when everything is loading) I am not totally sure I understand how to fix it though. Is it possible you could take a look at the example I posted and modify it the same way you did before?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your problem is simple, you are saving the wrong X location for your objects. You need to factor in the 0.8 X scrolling co-efficient of that layer.

Don't save X( "Object" ), rather X( "Object" ) - ( X Left Frame - ( X Left Frame * 0.8 ) ).

(ᵔᴥᵔ)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh seems to work now you are the best!