User Tag List

Thread: How to make people find your game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to make people find your game?

Hello fellow developers!

Not sure if I should post this to here or to open topic.

Anyways, I'm rather new to Android and Google Play. I released my little game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...udios.ttturtle a couple days back.
    I thought that at worst it would get few hundred downloads, being new and free game always sounds appealing. However I don't think Google Play has "new to store" section. So what happened instead is that the game just faded to oblivion. Since I'm not a very social guy over internet, meaning I don't have a Facebook and my knowledge with Google+, Twitter etc. is limited I'm really struggling to find a way to spread the word.

I've tried with Twitter and Google+, but that does not seem to generate downloads.

A few tips I've found with Google: Name of your app/game. I think Google Play search uses this first. That's why there are billions of "Flappy" games there. So I named my game T-T-Turtle! which I like, though it's horrible for that scenario. I don't think you can find the game by searching "turtle" even though I use it in description. Instead I should have gone something like "Angry Clash of Flappy Turtle".

At the moment it feels that you need to have billions of friends over Facebook to share your game, or huge amount of money to spend on marketing. However there must be something I can do, so I'd love to hear your tips!

Side note: It took me a week to create this little game, I'm more focused on classical gaming, so it's not end of the world. But I would not mind if the game actually got a shot!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    You an post your game on Toucharcade Android section
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Sloxone

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Sloxone!

Thank you very much. Stuff like this is what I'm looking for.
    Once I find a spot I'll check the rules and post there, cheers!

Keep the suggestions coming!