User Tag List

Thread: Any place to get lnchrt.exe?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any place to get lnchrt.exe?

Hi. When exporting/rendering a project with Clickteam Fusion 2.5, Avast would keep insisting that lnchrt.exe was a virus, and would not let up until I accepted it. (Not giving me an option to ignore it as a false positive, and continually popping up, not allowing me to continue).

I don't recall what I ended up doing, but essentially I either (was forced to) blacklist it by 'agreeing' (just to stop the popups), or it got blocked/quarantined somehow. Popups stopped, but now I can't export.

Trying again now (returning after an absence), trying to export results in Fusion saying it can't find lnchrt.exe (...as Avast may have moved/deleted it).

1) Is there any place I can get the lnchrt.exe file again online?

2) Any idea how to tell Avast to chill out about it? (I think I may have a solution... I was able to exclude the Clickteam folder and the folder of the project I'm working on with it. I can only test it once I get another copy of the lnchrt.exe file.)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh! Nevermind. Looks like I was smart about it when Avast kept blocking it. I renamed it (added '_Blocked' to the name) and put it in a folder in the Clickteam root... just in case it was a legit virus, but also to stop Avast from putting me in a inescapable loop of popup warnings... but I did it in a way that I could restore it back again!

I'm such a clever monkey.

Okay, I have the file again. Hopefully now that I set up the Clickteam folder and my project folder as exclusions in the Avast scanning, I will be able to run the export and the resulting exe app file without it getting blocked again. I'll let you know...

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent Antivirus makers have places where you can report false positives - Avast's is https://www.avast.com/contact-form.p...ect=VIRUS-FILE . If you could submit the file to them, it will alert them and hopefully disable the alert for other people if they have the same problem.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Other suggestion: turn off the "Compress the runtime" option in the properties of the application (Windows tab). lnchrt.exe is used only if this option is selected.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!