Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ninja Gaiden type collision?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Warmachine, I hear ya about those moving platforms lol.

Once you understand what all the conditions of the PMO are and how they work, the PMO is a breeze. It's pretty flexible if you play around with the values and whatnot.

I wonder if there's a tutorial for the various types of moving platforms with the PMO? If not, somebody should make one.
    Actually, i made one and posted it a couple of weeks ago

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/90652-Horizontal-Moving-Platform-using-Platform-Movement-Object-example

But i can't figure out for the life of me how to make it work correctly with a pendulum platform lol.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure about the PMO, but in my custom platform engine I just force the player x and y pixels based on the velocity and it works like a dream. You are still free to walk around on the platform and do your basic movements. Its just if the platform is moving 20 pixels, move the sprite 20 pixels.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That will work for the PMO as well. Set up an event to detect if the player is standing on the platform and then adjust the X value to match the platform's (so if the platform is moving 4 pixels at a time, player X + 4, etc). I don't fiddle with the PMO variables, I adjust the X position manually.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That works, but what doesn't really make it work at all is that the object is a pendulum and the x and y are at a stand still, but the angle is the only thing effected.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried adding a platform that attaches to an action point on the platform portion of the pendulum that detects if you're standing on it or not? If the player is on it, the best recommendation is transpose the velocity into amount of pixels being moved and then move the player sprite accordingly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol great minds think alike dude, im working on that right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2