Port of ZBar scanning library to iOS extension

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • I don't know how much a developer will charge for such a request but I'm out of options here. It's really bad for my reputation if I have to release a product much later than promised, so I may end up having to pay more than I got for the job for an external developer. There is already the Scan Object by Fernando that uses this library. It's fine for Android. I've already released the Android version of my client's app. Unfortunately, Apple's new 64-bit policy which I did not foresee when I took the job on has rendered the extension useless for the iOS module until it is updated. I've been unable to get in contact with Fernando regarding this. I'm not sure if he'd ever release the source so another dev could make simple changes. This is a bit of a dilemma for me since I don't know how long my client's patience will last for.

If you can help out, please reply. I just need an iOS barcode scanning extension. You could use ZBar or whatever other library. The Android version of my app is here: Please login to see this link.

Please login to see this link.

• Fernando and StingRay made an update of the Scan Object for both platforms. However I want to draw your attention on the fact that ZBar is under LGPL license which means that any ofyour customers have the right to ask for the source code. It is improbable but possible.

Damien

• When? I was sent the last build of Scan Object by Fernando in something like July last year. I'm not sure it was ever publicly released but it contained some fixes. Alas, the 64-bit problem still exists and it won't compile in Xcode. I wasn't aware of the LGPL license. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

• Tried both, no dice. I'm offering 100EUR to anybody who port ZBar, or any other barcode library, to a working extension for iOS. This is out of my own pocket, not my client's, but the fact I can't deliver the product is eating away at me and unfortunately I can't offer much more because I simply can't afford it. If you can do this, please get in touch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!