User Tag List

Thread: Lacewing Blasting position help?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacewing Blasting position help?

Can't figure out why this isn't working... Any ideas?
    Multiplayer Assassin.mfa

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent checked your file but blasted messages almost never arrive for me.. the error rate seem to be at about 95% for me at least.. dont know if this is the way its supposed to be or not.. I use regular send message for critical position updates, its slower but it works, specially in a low ping enviroment. Non critical messages can be blasted I suppose, just dont rely on them being received.

I send keypresses combined with position instead of constant position updates as this quickly floods the buffers leading to stutters and lag.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blasted messages pretty much have the exact opposite failure rate you mentioned (about 5% at worst). Seriously, blasted messages only fail like maybe once or twice for every 100 (if not 1000) or so messages for me. You should still use position sending for the most important position messages, though (E.G. send (don't blast) a position update when a player fires).

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, strange.. would be really useful if it were only 5% but this has just not been the case for me.. maybe there's some problem in my local network causing a higher failure rate.. will have to do more testing!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blasting only ever fails if the packet somehow gets corrupted, from my understanding, which is supposed to be a rare occurrence: The only reason it happens with blasting instead of sending is because it doesn't bother as much with making sure it doesn't get corrupted, which I think has something to do with why it's received quicker.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to change the blasting events to occur always instead of being a single run event when you join or when a peer joins. Also your receiving even has "On number message from server on subchannel #". You want to change it to "On number message from channel on subchannel #"

Edit: Oh sorry I see your always event at the end.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bobjuzz is correct.

Replace event 16 and 17 from "On number channel message from server on subchannel X (blasted)" to "On number message from channel on subchannel X (blasted)"
    That will make it work. The server isn't sending any messages, the clients are sending messages to the channel only.