User Tag List

Thread: Which object: Web View vs Web Control?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Which object: Web View vs Web Control?

Hello everyone. I'm planning to add a web browser frame into a PC application, but I've noticed there are two extensions I could use. (Technically three... ActiveX IE out of the question)

The Web View Object and Web Control Object seem very similar, since they're from the same author (G2F2 Media). If they're powered by Internet Explorer underneath I'd rather avoid them at all costs.

Is one superior and the other deprecated? Ideally I'd like to choose the most stable and reliable object.

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Web Control is for PC only, Web View Object is for IOS and Web View object v1.40 is for android.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I'm focusing on the EXE runtime with this.

I've come to the conclusion they're powered by Internet Explorer, which will explain why they're nothing more than simple browsers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The web control object is great for creating an integrated browser for windows with auto form fillers and playing/manipulating the content more than just displaying it and calling requests (has a mozilla activex control too)

The Web View object is mainly for a web browser integration into your app (Cross platform)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible that the WEb View Object for IOS is currently not selectable? I can´t find it via the extension manager. (I´m taling bout the IOS version)