User Tag List

Thread: Random non-sequential numbers within a range of cells

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random non-sequential numbers within a range of cells

I'm creating a battle engine that uses ATB gauges. These gauges populate based on an enemies' and characters' speeds. I had considered using an IP gauge that would visually represent an order of attack, but I don't want to flood the viewable frame with too much information.

I want to create an attack order based on which enemies'/characters' ATB gauge fills up first. Essentially there will be up to 12 different attacks that will be present. So, I want to sort the highest speed to lowest, each turn, and adjust accordingly each turn in case speeds change (haste, slow, stop, speed up, speed down, etc.) Should I use sort x object to populate an attack order or is there another way?

This question is for use of skills. I am placing all game data in a string array....In one of table I have the army / mob setup, which will determine which enemies are populated in the frame. This refers to another table which contains the complete bestiary. Within this table I have a list of skills, using numbers (4 different numbers per enemy), which refer to another table for the skill data....all of this is just technicality, and not necessarily the point to the question....

Let's say I have a range of cells that contain non-sequential values (not within a range). Let's assume these numbers are 1, 5, 8, 21 within cells x2-x5. I learned that the Randomizer Object does not like "out-of-range" or negative integers, so how could I choose one of these numbers at random? Or put more simply, how can I choose a number from a range of cells in an array?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Update] I think I may have found a workaround.

Create a string object containing 4 paragraphs. Then a counter (for visual representation....I plan on using alterable values instead).

Then:

-Upon pressing spacebar
    --set [counter] to Val(paragraph$( "String", Random(3 ) + 1 ) )

Translation:
    Set the counter to the string conversion of the value within one of the four paragraphs at random.

This actually worked well for me so I will use this method instead of another extension