Thread: Weird behavior in event

Clicker Fusion 2.5+ DLCMultimedia Fusion 2HTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird behavior in event

Hey!

I am not sure why my Fusion program is doing like it does, and I seek help from the wise community. I have dragged out the piece of my game that is causing trouble into a few lines, and it seems its still not quite right.

WeirdPlatformBehavior.mfa

Odd.JPG

Just a quick explanation:

It is a vertical platform ( using the Group.Powerups, blue/red icon) that is moving up and down. The up and down part is being handled in line 4 and 5.
    The odd part starts in line 7. Clearly it says if the platform (it is just one platform in this file) and the detector (pink line) is overlapping, set the detector to the platform position +/- 3 (VerticalSpeed is either 3 or -3). Then it says put the platform to the same position; current y +/- 3.. And add +/-1 to VerticalDistance, for the sake of the platform movement.

Now, in my head, the output of this program is that the detector is always overlapping after line 8. When the program runs, the detector is moving up and down together with the platform, however the Active object that is supposed to show when they overlap is always invisible. This is causing trouble in my main game because I need to know if the player is standing on this platform or not. Also, I wanna know why this particular example does not give the output I want!

Any ideas??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gah, by moving the "Always start loop" event from the top to the very bottom seems to give the output one would expect.. But why?? How do these events run?? For the record, having the "Always" event on top as in the picture and then adding two counters to the frame and puting another always event at the bottom that always shows the Y position of the detector and the Y position of the platform, and then turn down toe fps to like 5, shows that the Y positions are the same at this place in the event, so they should technically still overlap..

EDIT: Could it have to do something with threading?? Like the green events are just executed at some random point between the event that starts them, and the "end of the line"?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Green events are executed immediately and should be the first condition of a given event. The other events go in the order they are listed in the event editor, with the exception of loops (which are also executed immediately).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that is what I though too.. Compressing my example even futher shows the same strange behaviour:

Odd2.JPG
    WeirdPlatformBehavior2.mfa

So Im guessing this is some sort of bug. However, moving the Always condition to bottom seems to work, and I can live with that