User Tag List

Thread: Global eventing / Level design

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Global eventing / Level design

Hello, I have a couple questions about Fusion 2.5.

Is there any way to create a global event that would work on all frames (Or a selected large number of frames) of the game?

Second question, for a side-scrolling game (in the likes of Castlevania) is it recommended to create all of the game's level screens (not including title/game-overs etc) on one frame instead of one for each additional level? I heard someone say all on one frame. That seems confusing to me.

And for level design, do you really have to copy and paste every single sprite into a frame or is there a tile editor type of thing?

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Yes you can do it application->events->global events->edit
    2. I do all levels in one frame but You can also across multiple frames
    3. If you make all levels in one frame then You mast have some kind of map editor.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3. If you make all levels in one frame then You mast have some kind of map editor.
    Thank you for the answers. Any map-editor suggestions?

Also, I'm sort of confused as to how you do it all on one frame. How do you transition maps? I assume move the player object to a different X/Y coordinates?

Like... in one frame how would you break up the levels so that you don't see a level whilst on another? Just trying to wrap my head around this stuff.,

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what ColdFire is referring to, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that you would have a single massive frame and every time the user "changes levels", its really just wiping the objects from the frame that belonged to the previous level and reloading the objects from the new level. There are a number of ways to go about saving the objects. The main way I know would be using INI objects. You would have an INI file for each map/level and just load it when the user moves to a new one.

Hope that made sense.

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use binary file with my own structure to store level information and I create all object and others things dynamically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually curious about trying this. How secure is your system, ColdFire? Like is it easy at all for someone to go ahead and change the files? Would you be able to provide a simple example? I'm not too familiar with binary files.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the late reply but thanks a lot!
    Ian