Thread: Dark Sky Effect on Scrolling Game

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Sky Effect on Scrolling Game

Hey Clickteam,

I'm making a side scrolling platform game. About midway through the level I want the sky to darken as if a bad storm would be near. Would I just darken the clouds or background? Please share tips! Thanks People,

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2HTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an extension called "Colorizer" that apparently is able to change colors slightly to adjust to day/night or some weather. I have never tried it, but I assume it works the same way as another day and night tool I have used in another Fusion-like program. Basically, what it does is put a small shade of some color to make it look like its cloudy, dark, or sunny.

Like in these Pokemon games:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are lots of ways to do this.
    If you can use shaders, you could use substract or brightness and contrast for example.
    You could also play with objects/frames RGB Coefficient to tweak the tone or just make everything darker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response. J3ssem, what do you mean by "shaders?"

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By shaders I mean "Effects".

You can add effects to objects, layers, frames, you name it! Those are very, very useful depending what kind of game you are working with!
    Though using shaders requires decent GPU, and at the moments won't work with Android. Would need opengl shaders for that as far as I know.

There is looki's photoshop shaders pack somewhere going around, it has lots of great stuff.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it! Thanks J3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I do is create an upper layer and add a quick backdrop with a solid color (so for night time you could use a blue shade) then in the effects property of the layer I choose semi-transparent (adjust the blend coefficient to change the amount). Then just toggle the layer visibility for when you want to use it. Set that layer's X and Y coefficient to 0 if you have a scrolling game so you can just have the quick backdrop the window size and not have to make it cover the entire level.

Alternatively, if you don't want to use shaders (or can't), you can switch the quick backdrop to motif instead of solid color and import a graphic that already has the alpha transparency adjusted in some form of image editing software (Photoshop, GIMP, etc).

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh that's kind of a poor way to do it because it will just suddenly become night... If anything, make an active that will fade in by subtracting 1 from it's blend coefficient while the player is past a certain (and the blend coefficient is higher than, say, 80) X coordinate and adding 1 when the player is lower than the X coordinate (and, again, the blend coefficient is lower than 128)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my example you should be able to adjust the effect on the layer using the Layer object. But yeah, the non shader alternative I proposed where you create a pre-rendered alpha transparency wouldn't have a transition.