User Tag List

Thread: 3D Effect on 2D Sidescroller?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 3D Effect on 2D Sidescroller?

I have tried to make 3D effect to my Fusion game. The effect i want, is the very same like, like in the extension "Perspective".
    This extension is awesome and it looks cool, but then theres drawback. When i move my character the background "wiggles" and makes wave kinda things, also edges of everything looks more like watercoloring. The point is, that i want to rotate the camera little bit so it would look like 3D, but its not.

Heres screenshot of "perspective" object, for the effect i want. Without watercolor edges or wiggles.

3d.jpg

I also tried "3D Actives" but just simply cant get it working, and the help button does nothing.

Help would be great!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually kind of like that effect, suits the art style (that is, from the screenshot. Maybe it's worse in actual gameplay...)
    Any chance we could get an mfa to see if we could fix it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you talking about parallax scrolling? If you do a search, you'll find hundreds of tutorials.

Here's the parallaxer object from Anders. Maybe it's what you're talking about.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm understanding correctly, it mostly sounds like an issue of just creating your graphics to have the 3d pop out effect and add parallax scrolling. All I'm really seeing in that picture is objects with a "drop shadow" appearance to give them depth, which is simply a matter of creating the graphic to look like that. If you make your graphic with an alpha transparency layer for the shadow portion then it would allow the background to show through, as opposed to a solid black drop shadow. In Photoshop it's extremely easy to add a drop shadow, don't know about other image editing software.

Now, if you are trying to make it so that the shadow position changes as you scroll, then I have no clue. Only thing I could think of is put a shadow object underneath the main object, and adjust the shadow object's X position on conjunction with the player's movement.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That one mushroom looks like a penis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If I'm understanding correctly, it mostly sounds like an issue of just creating your graphics to have the 3d pop out effect and add parallax scrolling. All I'm really seeing in that picture is objects with a "drop shadow" appearance to give them depth, which is simply a matter of creating the graphic to look like that. If you make your graphic with an alpha transparency layer for the shadow portion then it would allow the background to show through, as opposed to a solid black drop shadow. In Photoshop it's extremely easy to add a drop shadow, don't know about other image editing software.

Now, if you are trying to make it so that the shadow position changes as you scroll, then I have no clue. Only thing I could think of is put a shadow object underneath the main object, and adjust the shadow object's X position on conjunction with the player's movement.
    Im not trying to add moving shadows, i like the way they are now. But in the image you can see that the ground bends a little, which is kinda what im looking for but without the saw like edges. Heres another image if you get what im trying to do with it..

bending.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BtheDestroyer View Post
    I actually kind of like that effect, suits the art style (that is, from the screenshot. Maybe it's worse in actual gameplay...)
    Any chance we could get an mfa to see if we could fix it?
    I think im going with that style, i did make a way to reduce the wiggle a little but its still not perfect, but also isnt an eye bugger..