User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: ANATHEMA - Official Announcement + Trailer (1080p)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much! A LOT of work is going into it. Not enough hours in the day.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New update, short and sweet. The demo should be finished and out by the end of 2016 if all goes well. I'd anticipated releasing it today originally but some personal issues arose that I had to attend to. In the meantime, new WIP screenshots. Everything following is still in the works and is not considered a "finished product."

And, new wallpaper that I threw together because I felt like it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It looks really cool so far! Competing with Bloodstained by any chance?

Are there going to be some more different color palettes for some of the stages by the way? There are currently a lot of brown, green and orange themes going on. I think it would be neat to explore further of what you can achieve by leaving those 3 out for some stages and experiment with other palettes. You already got some blue-green palette going in one of the images up there(with the moon) and I think it sticks out(in a good way!) from the rest. The mist is also a nice touch.

Keep it up!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interestingly we announced Anathema before Bloodstained. but ours is not a metroidvania style game and leans towards classicvanias style games.

There will definitely be more color palettes! This is from an area that goes from day to night gradually and these are all just the first two areas of the game so there is plenty more to come.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty late to the party. But I can't stop myself from writing this reply. GREAT WORK!! I can't wait to play your game.

I read in one of your previous replies that you didn't know anything about 3D modeling when you started. Since I'm in the same position right now, I'm really curious about how did you jump over that barrier. Did you learn and then model everything yourself? Or did you use premade models and modify them?

How about rigging and animation? Was it also done in DAZ?

I totally understand that you don't have to answer this question, but it would be great if you did

Creating artwork for my games is the biggest hurdle I face. But reading that you didn't know much when you started gives me great hope

Looking forward for the demo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the kind words! It means a lot!

When I first started I was using premade assets from Daz and Renderosity. I was able to find a lot of suitable animations also but had to hand animate an awful lot as well which of course, didn't look amazing.

Since then I've learned a good bit with Blender including modeling just using tutorials on YouTube and Google. I'm still not amazing at it and most of the assets I create are simple ones that I need that are not already available.

As we move forward I still heavily use Daz assets but I try to rework them a bit so they aren't as easily identifiable, usually by at least retexturing them. I have a huge library of shaders that I use in the process of everything and really it is just plain fun.

For animations now, I've been part of the subscription program from TrueBones. They have a lot to offer. I tried to motion capture our own using the Xbox Kinect but unfortunately, I live in a small apartment and didn't have the space.

If you're interested I highly recommend Daz3d. The program itself is free and it's community is huge now and it has taken the lead over Poser in the last two years with the introduction of the Nvidia iray rendering engine. Once iray was released that was around the time we were Greenlit on Steam and I knew I could make all the art assets much better.

You are able to modify models and rigs of premade assets as well as import your own. The biggest drawback of Daz is you can't model in it and it doesn't have a physics engine for things like cloth, water, etc.

My best advice with Daz is to just play around with it and use YouTube to answer any questions you may have. It does have its quirks but it is a solid art asset.

On the other hand, I use Photoshop an AWFUL lot. Most assets don't need touching up, but I have to use photoshop for mostly creating tileable assets.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. I've just installed DAZ3D recently, but haven't dug into it yet. TrueBones is totally new to me, so thanks for pointing me to it.

I'm sure you'll find great success with your game

Many thanks again for your generous reply!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem. I'm always happy to help in any way that I can. Art assets were my greatest hurdle as well. While I do 100% prefer the style of pixel art, I also have to say that I hope this direction helps Anathema stand out a bit more as everyone and their mother is doing pixel art for their games nowadays.

There is a great wealth of knowledge on Daz3D on its forums and YouTube so once you have the basics down it starts to come together much better. You just have to have a lot of different pieces to accomplish a lot. Animate2 is a must-have plugin for Daz if you intend to create animations of ANY sort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for all the wonderful information. And please don't make the game short. We see many games that could have achieved great success if not for how short they are. I know that it's A LOT of work just to make one level. A game could take a developer years to make. But if it takes players a couple of hours to finish it, they will brutally give it negative reviews for that reason only.(Disclaimer: this is just me trying to give something back for all the great tips that you've given me )

I'm sure your game will be EPIC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no doubt, I hope to make the game at least a couple of hours for a new play through. The last I thing I want is someone beating the game then getting a Steam refund.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast