User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: ANATHEMA - Official Announcement + Trailer (1080p)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Julian!

Wow! Thank you for all the feedback! I will certainly do what I can to improve things. I also noticed the sensitive crouching on my Xbox 360 controller and I think that may be a by product of the d-pad it has. Other controllers aren't as bad, but I have heard quite a few requests to add the left analog stick. So I will definitely work on that as well as support for more generic controllers. The jumping could very well be a hotspot thing that I just didn't notice since I use PMO. Once you see the same stuff over and over sometimes things can go missed.

Enemies are certainly going to be made smart, especially over time. I've a lot of issues with their patterns and want to make them better.

Regarding the Army of Darkness bit, if you use the crossbow shotgun enough, the character might let a little Easter Egg.

The main character doesn't show it much here, but she is actually a little cocky and we intended this as a nod to Ash from the Evil Dead series actually. There's been quite a bit of influence from it there.

Thank you again for all of your feedback. We will certainly use it to shape a better game experience.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you found it useful. Putting out a demo before release is so important, Steam reviews can be cruel and kill your game's reputation and sales in minutes. Getting honest and contructive feedback is also very difficult, I often have the impression that people are either too nice, which is especially true for fellow devs, or on the other hand just bash your game without really nailing down why exactly they think it sucks.

Good to see you don't take everything in the game too serious and have some Easter eggs in stock I think this is useful in most cases and makes up for a better overall experience. And you're totally right about the XBox 360 D-pad, which is probably one of the worst D-pads ever made .

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw, what is the name of the male voice actor in your trailer? I'm thinking of giving my main villain a voice which would tune in now and then in the game's later sections and he would fit quite perfectly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely. While we're still a ways off from finishing the game, we're going to use the feedback to improve the demo before completing the rest of the game. The last thing we want is people bashing it without telling us why, as so many do on Steam.

His name is Duffy Weber. He's a great actor and has an impressively wide range.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is a great pick! I thought he would be MUCH older, his variety is really impressive

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game looks f*cking awsome, im buying it as soon as i can
    One question; what programs did you use for animations and sprites?
    Cheers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrisStudios View Post
    Game looks f*cking awsome, im buying it as soon as i can
    One question; what programs did you use for animations and sprites?
    Cheers
    Thank you very much!

The majority of the graphics are all made and animated in Daz Studio. Some things are made in Photoshop and Blender though where needed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Everyone!

Apologies for the delay in the patch. We had hoped to release it last week, but there were unforeseen delays with our group of external testers so we did as much internal testing as possible. Unfortunately, there are only so many bugs that we could squash in this patch and really wanted to get more external testing in. So please note that this patch has only been moderately tested and you may run into some bugs.

Please do not hesitate to forward any information on bugs you find as it will help us ensure a higher quality experience. Being that we're just a few guys and rely on the goodwill of outside testers when they can test, it's tough to catch everything. But please know that we do want to whip this into top shape, we just don't have many avenues to get the feedback needed before releasing to you publicly but this may be the best avenue. Below is a list of everything changed/updated/added in this patch. Thank you all so much for playing! Hopefully this will expand play for many more users that had issues with the prior version.

STEAM:http://store.steampowered.com/app/375390/Anathema/
    INDIEDB:http://www.indiedb.com/games/anathem.../anathema-demo
    ITCH.IO:https://esperware.itch.io/anathema
    DIRECT DOWNLOAD: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoJhIhK7UI-mg5sXn0rREgXjIwKPVQ

DEMO VERSION 1.1 CHANGELOG

* Added launcher so players will be aware of what options can be adjusted. Players seemingly overlooked these options in the pause menu.
    * Added DirectInput Controller support.
    * Added support to use the left analog stick on controllers for movement.
    * Added keybinding for Xinput and DirectInput controllers. (Keyboard keybinding already existent.)
    * Refined "Controls" sub-menu.
    * Improved video file compatibility so that cutscenes should play on all machines now.
    * Darkened "Continue" on Title Screen to reduce confusion as this function isn't used in the demo.
    * Fixed a bug where the crow placement in the Title Screen was not proper.
    * Fixed a bug in the Options Menu where the sound volume could be set below 0.
    * Fixed a bug where zombies didn't provide souls if killed using the crossbow.
    * Removed controller rumble as it would cause certain controller types (such as the wired Xbox 360 controller) to become unresponsive and you must disconnect/reconnect the controller to regain input.
    * Added controller refresh. If controller becomes unresponsive, unplug, replug and press F5, wait 1-3 seconds and functionality should return. NOTE: This is implemented in response to a rare issue we've heard about where a controller randomly stops responding that isn't related to the rumble bug listed above. We've been unable to reproduce this to discern if it is a software issue or a hardware conflict on the user end.
    * Discovered a conflict if you have multiple instances of controllers installed. Open "Device Manager" and select View > Show Hidden Devices. If you have multiple instances of the same controller, uninstall all of them and reconnect your controller to install the drivers. You should then not have any further issues due to multiple driver installations.
    * Deathbringers now operate on a recharge system, rather than using souls. They will recharge automatically over time, although only the Bone Dragon is available in the demo.
    * Changed the effects for the deathbringer power-up animation. The prior effects were hitting the frame-rate hard.
    * Revised Options menu UI text to make it cleaner and more legible.
    * Revised boss name text to make cleaner and more legible.
    * Added additional checkpoints before bosses.
    * Added a soul font to power up players should they respawn at the boss.
    * Buffed your main attack against the wood witch boss.
    * Improved load time between opening cutscene and stage 1.
    * Statue removed at the beginning of stage 1. Players were confused by its purpose.
    * Increased hitbox size on whip swing latches to make it easier for players to connect a hit.
    * The game can now be exited using Alt+F4.
    * Pause can now be activated via the "Escape" key.
    * Added physics to the crates in the Stage 1 Lookout Tower...why not? They also give souls. Look for the secret.
    * Reduced frequency of in-game vocal effects.
    * Reduced volume of sound effect when player lands on the ground from higher falls.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all,

There have been several monthly updates regarding the game on Steam. I thought I'd drop the link here in case anyone is interested in reading what I've been up to with the project.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/375390/announcements/

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff
    Hope to see more gameplay soon.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast