User Tag List

Thread: Event Editor bugged, sound missing at runtime.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Event Editor bugged, sound missing at runtime.

I selected "Build and Run" by accident and my whole program screwed up. I was using the Dark skin, and no my event editor looks like this. When trying to change skin in preferences it says there are none (even though they still remain in their default Skins folder). I use the Steam version.

Help...?

Also, where are project files stored? If I reinstall I'd like to back them up.

prob.jpg

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Weird, could you show a screenshot of your CF 2.5 folder as well as a screenshot of the Skins and Skins/Default sub-folders?

Otherwise you can try to run regedit and delete the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clickteam\Fusion 2.5

and then restart CF 2.5.

>> Also, where are project files stored

Well, there is no specific folder, they are saved where you want.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go: https://imgur.com/2qGZm1N,zDiUtc2,bZoByJS ...It seems like all of the Event Editor stuff turned completely black.

Deleting the key didn't work unfortunately.

And I found the project folder, it was just in Tutorials/Chocobreak, I guess that's where I saved stuff when doing the tutorial.

I'm just going to reinstall and cross my fingers, but another question first: When you import files like sprites and sound effects, do you have to keep them in the directory they were imported from? For ease I usually import stuff from Desktop and hope that the program will create a copy in its own directory.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ah mistake in the key name, as you've the developer version it's HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clickteam\Fusion Developer 2.5

When you import images into active/backdrop objects, they are duplicated in the MFA, the original files are not needed anymore.

When you use image files in Active Picture or Picture objects (= when they are referenced by their filename in the object's properties), then the files must be kept in the directory. Note: in this case you should copy the files to the directory of the MFA so that CF can store relative pathnames.

Same thing for sounds. When you import sound files via the Play Sample action, then the sound is duplicated in the MFA. When you use the Play Sample File action, you have to keep the external file (same comment as above, you should copy the sound file to the directory of the MFA first).