User Tag List

Thread: Melee Combat: Am I doing it correctly?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Melee Combat: Am I doing it correctly?

This is how I'm checking whether the player sprite's sword hits anything or not.

What am I doing right and what am I doing wrong? Not only in relation to the melee, but everything in the application?

I know there's not always a "wrong" and "right" way to do things, if it works it works, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to do it.

Thanks for any help.

ParallaxTest.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I would do is when you press the attack button have it create the sword tip collision box at the action point of the player's sword (so in your animations position the action point where you want it) and then destroy it either when the bat collides with it or the animation finishes.

Also, it looks like you can move through the collision box after it appears so you'd want to either have the player not be able to move forward while the slashing animation is playing, or have an Always event to position the collision box with the action point of the sword animation so that it moves along with the player instead of walking through it.