User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upscaling an entire app from 800x480

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upscaling an entire app from 800x480

I designed my game for the very low-end phones at a resolution of 800x480. This resolution is pretty much outdated now and I never liked how pixely my game looked at bigger devices anyway. I want to redesign every single graphic of my game, but I am at a loss here.

However, Every sprite of all 30 unique levels of my side-scroller should remain in the exact same place or it'll affect the gameplay. I don't know how to increase the resolution of my game and all my sprites while keeping the setup of my levels intact.

(in case if this is confusing think of it as this: I want to resize all my objects for a bigger resolution game, without them getting pixelated and they should all stay in the same spot)

I noticed an extension in the Clickstore called Android Screen Support but I find it a bit unclear what it does. It sounds like something that could potentially help me with this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rightclick your game in the Workspace Toolbar and select Clone. In the popup window you can select to scale your game to whatever resolution you want. Keep in mind that you will need to change events that deal with hardcoded positions. The clone feature only affects frameeditor.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just a comment about this, the Clone command is available in the Developer version only.

Also it updates positions in the event editor and lists the ones it cannot modify (= the ones that are calculated using expressions).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for clarifying that, Yves. I actually checked the comparison chart (http://www.clickteam.com/compare-versions) before posting my answer as I seemed to remember it was Developer only, but didn't see any mention about it in the chart.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ah thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... well that was easy. Wow, thanks. This just did exactly what I wanted. I will have to rewrite a bunch of events but it's totally worth it and made very clear because of the log. What a strong function!

I guess I'll just make a 1024x768 version with "stretch to fill" screen adjustment. I bet it will look much better on any device!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so you were able to use the clone feature without the developer version? or maybe you do have the developer version and can't update your badge because the community passport is broken?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have developer. I also recently bought the HTML5 exporter, so it must be the community passport issue. First time I notice the missing badges actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just posting to confirm that the Community Passport is now working properly for me (as seen with my badges)!

[edit] Oh.. in case there is an HTML5 and Developer sub-forum in the product owner's lounge, it didn't get updated. I still only see Fusion 2.5 and Android Exporter showing up (the products I had the previous time I updated my community passport).

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I've modified your profile, do you see it now? I'll forward the info to Simon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast