User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Couple of questions, game going to Greenlight.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Couple of questions, game going to Greenlight.

So im almost ready to set my game to Steam Greenlight, for total annihilation of down votes or succes.

But, i have some things that concerns me, and couple of questions about game.

1. Do i have to include Clickteam Fusion logo on Splash screen? Im using the normal version of it, not developer.

2. How could i get an "trail" going behind the player when he jumps.. this is just for looks, nothing else.

3. If the game passes the Greenlight, and goes to Steam, do i only have to send in the .exe for them to modify?
    - And what about the fact that im using Normal Fusion, not developer? Do i have to give some cash to Fusion guys aswell if the game does make millions?

4. Save game. I just simply cant understand how it works, nor how to get it working.

Soo.. i would be very grateful if you guys would help me with these Its kinda alot of questions, but i want no problems for me nor for the game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer multiple of those questions (but not all of them), look at the help file and look under "distributing your application", mainly look at "runtime agreement". That should at least help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Did not had readed the Runtime Agreement, but now i have. Little question. Is editing the Logo forbidden? I only would want it the background to be transparent.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you will need CT permission to do any changes to their logo.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The runtime agreement lays out a lot of specifics but Clickteam are usually more flexible about it in reality - I would post your intended changes to the logo and let an admin take a look.

You don't need to modify the EXE for Steam or send it to be modified - you'll need to upload it into Steam's system using their tools (here's a useful tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uojYUgxUq3A )

For save game, do you mean online save games like you would do through Steam or saving to a file on the computer? For the second, there are multiple ways to do it - you need to use an object like INI or INI++ that has the ability to save to a file, and then write values to it when the user saves and read them when the user loads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i meant local savegame Perhaps it could save it somewhere in AppData or something. Ill take look at the Inis! Thanks.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small heads up if you are going to save to AppData folder: INI++ is not unicode. If player has cyrillic symbols etc. in his/her username it will fail to load or save the file. I suggest using normal INI object as it is unicode!
    You can fetch the path with File Object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do i have to give some cash to Fusion guys aswell if the game does make millions?
    Don't get your hopes up... millions lol, you'll be lucky to make 10k in most cases.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, if his game is indeed good enough, and he can get the game on something like, say, Steam, or maybe even just GOG.com, he could actually make a million dollars or maybe even 2 million dollars. You have to consider that the game wouldn't have to sell a million times to make a million dollars, since, if the game costs, say, $10, he then only needs 100,000 sales for one million dollars. Sure, that's a hard number to reach, but if the game gets onto something like Steam, it suddenly becomes a much smaller number. Even GOG.com makes it a reasonable one, even if it's still really hard there.

Also consider that if he makes, say, 2 games (probably not one right after another), then he only need 50,000 sales from each one to make a million dollars if each one is ten dollars. If he makes, say, 4 games, then he only needs to sell 25,000 copies of each game to get a million dollars. If he makes 10 games, only 10,000, and if he ever somehow makes 100 games, then he needs to only sell 1,000 copies of each to get a million dollars. Or he could make 50 games priced at 20 dollars each to make that much so easily. However, that may be getting a bit too far down the line, and I think he may have meant making that much from just 1 game, or maybe he didn't.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Math like that HappyGreenFrog keeps me motivated! Not just the money, but the experience of working your butt off on something your passionate about, and getting rewarded.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast